As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear A4 Feature Requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: A4 Feature Requests
Game & Watch
Re:A4 Feature Requests 11 Years, 4 Months ago
No like on the monomachine step mode where you just hit a key and it advances to the next step, similar to classic step sequencers.

Press rec+stop to get it on mnm btw.
  The topic has been locked.
Boo
MnM MKII + MDUW MKII + OT + A4 + Eurorack Modular System
darenager wrote:
No like on the monomachine step mode where you just hit a key and it advances to the next step, similar to classic step sequencers.

Oh, this feature have completely slipped my mind. Have to give it a try. Thanks for the tip!
Chain Chomp
http://venndiagram.ca
Maschine
Monomachine SFX60+ Mk II
Machine SPS1-UW
Analog Four
Octoatrack
Nord Modular G1
Evolver
Korg Z1
Spectralis 2
Totally slipped my mind too LOL and I own a Monomachine -ooooops
Goomba
+1 for this feature...haven't got my A4 yet and was just about to ask if this is supported on the A4.

EDIT : I mean Monomachine rec + stop step mode...quick reply didn't add quotes
As Darenager said, having some flexibility with the sync outputs would be great. 48/24ppqn (DIN SYNC or SYNC-24, as it is known) is useful for pre-MIDI drum machines and the like, but not for raw output to modular sequencers or units clocked from standard analog pulses.

A rate like 4ppqn would be so useful because it would allow modular users to directly connect the output of one of the sync jacks to their modular sequencer (or RCD, SCM, etc.), without having to "waste" a CV/Gate/Trig track.
Killer Beez
Variable keyboard tracking as opposed to just on/off. It's a minor thing but I'd like to use it.
Game & Watch
^ You mean like it is for the filter, but for the Oscillators? Good catch!
Chain Chomp
What about non-realtime sound morphing? Specify two sounds and choose a number of stages between them and the a4 tries to fill in the blanks. Then you can audition the sounds and choose any or all to keep.

You could keep going, setting your morphed sound to the start and choosing a new end sound and morphing again to come up with some exciting sounds.

An option to "lock stages to trigs" would let you experiment with more evolving, wave sequencey type sounds if you chose 16 stages or something.

----

Performance mode:

Knob inversion. Whatever direction you turn one knob the other will move in the opposite.

Lag is a good idea. You could incorporate it into quantization values. Set it to "slide" to make it happen over a certain time or "jump", so you could get rhythmic stepping patterns. Pitch quantization for note values/lock to scale?

Min/max settings, for things like keeping screaming feedback away.

Only going by the manual, in case any of this is in there.

darenager wrote:

This seems like it'd be especially useful when using different sounds per step. Wish it was on the OT too.
Yoshi
Trig mutes, need some combination to mute/unmute trig mutes for the entire track instead of having to edit them in grid mode like Function + Bank + Track.
darenager wrote:

the monomachine can do this? need to RTFM again I think, never used/knew this in the four years I've had mine
Go to top Post Reply