As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear A4 Feature Requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: A4 Feature Requests
Boo
Re:A4 Feature Requests 10 Years, 11 Months ago
spring reverb.
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
no no no, gotta buy an OT for this one
Boo
I must admit the thought shortly came to light but then I remembered that I have several vintage spring reverbs in my studio. ;P

Well, I specifically want one IN the A4 to draft things out and get proper fx send handling for spring reverberated carpenteresque soundgoodness. If you know what I mean. The A4 can shine in different lights if you pull the internal effects and use e.g. a roland space echo, or some true electro mechanical spring reverb. Also gets some different character with other digital reverbs like eventide space etc... etc... to have at least some different characteristics in the box would be a great improvement..
Boo
Arpeggio
- Holding trigger(s) and pressing a note on the keyboard transposes those trigger(s) up by the number of half notes relative to the root. Quickly pressing the same note again shifts the transposition down an octave
- Text indicator for how many notes you shift steps up and down with the Level knob

Trig mute:
- All entered trig mutes can be toggled on and off at the same time, for instance by using Yes and No buttons while in TRIG MUTE mode.
- Trig mutes can be turned on off via performance macro. It would be cool to have both a global binary toggle, plus a linear correlation between encoder movement and density of the mutes.

TRK KEY SCALE:
- Remaining 5 modes (Dorian, Frygian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Locrian)
- Whole tone scale
- Dim scales (whole-half, and half-whole)

Also, I agree to some of the already mentioned requests:
- Adjustable swing on the dinsync
- Key-tracking as a general modulation source
- Poly mode
King Koopa
A4 / MD UW+ / MNM / Nord Lead II / Waldorf XT
Trig mute probability: In the trig mute screen, hit a trig key for 100% probability of trig muting. Press and hold the trig mute and turn the LEVEL knob to adjust the probability of the trig muting.
Boo
duplex wrote:
Trig mute probability: In the trig mute screen, hit a trig key for 100% probability of trig muting. Press and hold the trig mute and turn the LEVEL knob to adjust the probability of the trig muting.

Oh yeah!
Chain Chomp
+ 1

probability based stuff in Elektron sequencers would be
Cappy
pseen wrote:
Arpeggio
- Holding trigger(s) and pressing a note on the keyboard transposes those trigger(s) up by the number of half notes relative to the root. Quickly pressing the same note again shifts the transposition down an octave
- Text indicator for how many notes you shift steps up and down with the Level knob

Would love it if this were possible....right now the arpeggio is pain to use in my opinion. I'd actually like it if it were possible to hold a trig and press a note on the mini keyboard to set that note....seems like this would be the easiest way to set the notes.
Chain Chomp
Double tap to get at arp steps rather than, or in addition to function + arp button. My left hand span isn't enough to press both function and arp so I have to stop playing to adjust arp steps.

I'd like some fast way to get in n out of the velocity to parameter page and back "home" without banging on exit repeatedly, but maybe I'm overlooking a key command. Embarrassingly, I didn't even realize velocity to parameter existed until secretmusic made a video and now it's indispensable.
Goomba
Midi out from all the tracks. Stupid not to have that...
Go to top Post Reply