As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear A4 Feature Requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: A4 Feature Requests
Goomba
Re:A4 Feature Requests 11 Years, 2 Months ago
-double click knob to reset setting to (0)
  The topic has been locked.
Hammer Bro
snowcrash wrote:
Good to see there's a thread like this. Are actual staff members of Elektron reading this posts?

Anyway, I'd like to give +1 on the following features, ranked by importance to me:

1) Individual time signatures for each track in advanced mode. I initially thought the A4 was already capable of this, since I read the octatrack can do it. Would be of great help, since chaining patterns as a workaround would break certain polyrhythmic patterns.

2) A possibility to take a snapshot of patterns that one can revert to when manipulating patterns live. Current workaround would be to copy patterns from one bank to another but it's tedious and redundant. Sysex backup and restore isn't an option since I like to go on tour without my computer.

3) Ability to turn off Autosave on patterns. I know this is contra Elektrons philosophy but would solve issue 2 But I guess it would break working live on Pattern Chains.

4) Copy and paste for sounds in a kit

5) Copy/clone to new for patterns as described above. This would bridge the gap introduced when creating pattern variations live. Could be done like the save kit menu, with the posibillity to select a destination.

6) Keyboard Tracking for LFOs

Regarding #1, do you mean independant tempo multiplication/division per track? That isn't implemented yet AFAIK. If you were talking about having a different number of steps per track, it can be done in advanced mode.

2) you could do it by saving a pattern (in the pattern menu), tweaking it, then reloading the saved pattern.

6) oh yes, that would be great to FM the oscillators. +1!
CF3
Goomba
Gearing Up 2 Get Down
MANUAL
Chain Chomp
geslotencirkel wrote:
-double click knob to reset setting to (0)

not sure if you know that you can do this now by holding FUNCTION while turning the knob.. very useful with e.g. OSC coarse tuning where it will jump in octave steps...

but currently, this works only with regular trigs, not p-locked or sound-locked parameters where you have to hold a trig to tune the value.
Boo
smokyfrog wrote:
Re: 5), pattern copying, try this:
After having selected a pattern, and before releasing any key, [REC], [PLAY] and [STOP] can be pressed to copy, clear or paste patterns. No new chain will be built, nor any pattern enqueued. It is possible to clear, copy or paste multiple patterns at the same time.

Thanks, I'm not sure if I got you right, but can this be done, while the sequencer is running?

So basically I hit the bank knob, and the trig for the pattern, while keeping one or more trigs depressed I can hit function+copy to copy one or multiple patterns, then select some free slot(s) and hit function and paste?

will try this tomorrow!
Boo
jims computer beats wrote:
Regarding #1, do you mean independant tempo multiplication/division per track? That isn't implemented yet AFAIK. If you were talking about having a different number of steps per track, it can be done in advanced mode.
Yes, I meant the multi/div of the tempo. I read about this request here at least 2 or 3 times, so I guess I'm not alone. Well as the OT has it, I can hope I guess. I bought the A4 mainly to do polyrhythmic stuff, so well, I'm practically always in advanced mode.

2) you could do it by saving a pattern (in the pattern menu), tweaking it, then reloading the saved pattern.
Well yes, but I have to do this before switching patterns or while not using chains. Also I like the workflow of always having the latest tweaks across all workflows, still I need to be able to reset patterns to their originally saved state, when composing, not performing.

Or did I miss something, I mostly use the shortcuts to save patterns and to my experience it does the same as when switching patterns. After pattern switch or chain play, I cannot revert a pattern to a previous save state, as the current state is permanently saved.

6) oh yes, that would be great to FM the oscillators. +1!
Exactly, but also better Filter FM! The DACs can definitly handle this!
Boo
snowcrash wrote:
So basically I hit the bank knob, and the trig for the pattern, while keeping one or more trigs depressed I can hit function+copy to copy one or multiple patterns, then select some free slot(s) and hit function and paste?
Well, that didn't work, although I got a positiv prompt on copy, but paste seemed to fail. When I release the trig, the new pattern's empty. Paste only works on the currently active pattern, so no copy paste without a gap on pattern switching.

To bad, even the electribes can do this, or am I overlooking something?
Yoshi
Track mute/unmute via Midi CC (Unless I missed it in the manual? )
Rusty wrote:

this. and also track volume via CC
Yoshi
bauer wrote:
Rusty wrote:

this. and also track volume via CC

Amp is CC7 ?
Go to top Post Reply