As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear A4 Feature Requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: A4 Feature Requests
Killer Beez
monomachine mk2, Analog 4, boss dr110
Re:A4 Feature Requests 11 Years, 2 Months ago
UW sampling option is ALL I need
I can dream
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
How about: Duplicate Pattern (or pattern + kit) function.

Example: working on A01 and happy with results > duplicate pattern + kit to next available pattern slot (A02 for instance) > automatically switches to duped pattern > work on A02 and happy > duplicate to next available slot (A03) > etc etc.

This would be great for writing / improving live so you can progress further into the track, but recall any previous parts instantly.

Sure this can be done by copy / paste functions, but the method requires switching to the pattern you want to paste over which activates before you can paste fast enough. This would be a great feature on ANY elektron for a nice forward progressive writing workflow.

D.
Goomba
Elektron OT A4
Arturia Minibrute
Korg EMX1 ER1 EA1
Waldorf MicroQ
Roland AJ2 MKS50
MAM MB33mkII
Yamaha TX81Z
Rephlex MeeBlipSE
Electrix WarpFactory
Here's a few:

In the same way [Track] + [Up]/[Down] destructively transposes a track, [Track] + [Left]/[Right] to destructively shift a track. As in: [Track] + [Right] = everything on [Trig 1], now on [Trig 2] ([Trig N] now on [Trig N+1 % Tracklength]).

Note repeat with length and plays (like on the Octatrack).

Knob press + [No] to reset a value back to default / saved (so I can easily set LFOs to "(0)" and not something around "0" ... though, I guess that's me just being anal).

P-Lock the arpeggiator on and off and the arp mode.

In Performance mode, where the new (and awesome) quick mutes reside, make [Trig 13] to [Trig 16] do "beat repeat" (stolen from an earlier request, this is an awesome idea).

Individual track speed multipliers (also, like on the Octatrack).

Ability to name patterns (after the pattern location, e.g. "B03-Buildup" or "B04-Bass Drop"). And show this name in the Song/Chain arranger (no longer show the bottom row, and instead show the current pattern name at the bottom?).

When naming something and using the [Function] key to bring up the key map, instead of defaulting to space with every new letter, default to the previous letter entered (again, like on the Octatrack).
Chain Chomp
I'd like a function to disable chains. When I'm skipping from pattern to pattern in Direct mode, sometimes I accidentally press two trigs at the same time. It automatically creates a chain. I'd like to be able to disable that so that I can do mad drum fills and the like without having to be so careful.
Yoshi
The ability to feed the reverb fx back into the delay.
Cappy
Definitely P-Lock on Arp settings and also Step Mode please.

I can make glitchy repetitive stuff right now but I have to leave Arp on the whole time.

Excited to see what comes next!
Cappy
Hadn't seen this thread before - why isn't it a sticky?

One feature I'd LOVE to see - the ability to just drone the oscillators without triggering the envelopes....but still have the sequencer available for modulation (or even additional triggering options).

This is so nicely implemented on some synths. One example - I just picked up an ob-mx, and there is a knob on the front panel (obviously the a4 isn't going to grow another knob) called VCA Offset, or something like that. You just turn that thing up and instant drone.

Yes - I know you can set a sound to have long release times, etc, but there is something about bypassing that altogether that I have always really liked. The xpander/matrix 12 also does that really well. Just turn the thing on, turn up vca2, and it just goes....
Boo
Good to see there's a thread like this. Are actual staff members of Elektron reading this posts?

Anyway, I'd like to give +1 on the following features, ranked by importance to me:

1) Individual time signatures for each track in advanced mode. I initially thought the A4 was already capable of this, since I read the octatrack can do it. Would be of great help, since chaining patterns as a workaround would break certain polyrhythmic patterns.

2) A possibility to take a snapshot of patterns that one can revert to when manipulating patterns live. Current workaround would be to copy patterns from one bank to another but it's tedious and redundant. Sysex backup and restore isn't an option since I like to go on tour without my computer.

3) Ability to turn off Autosave on patterns. I know this is contra Elektrons philosophy but would solve issue 2 But I guess it would break working live on Pattern Chains.

4) Copy and paste for sounds in a kit

5) Copy/clone to new for patterns as described above. This would bridge the gap introduced when creating pattern variations live. Could be done like the save kit menu, with the posibillity to select a destination.

6) Keyboard Tracking for LFOs
Chain Chomp
Re: 5), pattern copying, try this:
After having selected a pattern, and before releasing any key, [REC], [PLAY] and [STOP] can be pressed to copy, clear or paste patterns. No new chain will be built, nor any pattern enqueued. It is possible to clear, copy or paste multiple patterns at the same time.

Goomba
-create 2-16 presets of settings to cycle through with a performance knob.
Go to top Post Reply