As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear A4 Feature Requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: A4 Feature Requests
Cappy
Re:A4 Feature Requests 11 Years, 3 Months ago
Na, I meant destination, but source would be cool too! i really like the different characteristics I can get from adjusting the key-tracking on the fly, and would like to be able to assign LFO's and Envelopes to it.
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
Puddin wrote:
Na, I meant destination, but source would be cool too! i really like the different characteristics I can get from adjusting the key-tracking on the fly, and would like to be able to assign LFO's and Envelopes to it.

Ok, so you meant the filters keytracking, sorry for that =)

I of course was speaking of keytracking as a global modulation source, next to the midi volume, mod wheel, breath controller, etc. found in the sound menu, like its on the monomachine.
Cappy
Ah, yeah sorry... I meant filter keytracking, should have clarified
Goomba
The only trouble I have with the A4 is the two-hand track muting, when I have to tweak some knob at the same time, for cool transition effect for instance.

I know many people have already mentionned it, but here is my idea :

Why not inverting track mute and track selection when in performance mode ?
I mean you can mute/unmute with direct track keys on the right, and select a track with function+track keys.

I could find tons of other changes, like everything possible with DSP + analog hardware, and like the things you mentionned before, but actually I really like the - relative - simplicity of this piece of gear... It makes it very musical to me.

And even in that OS state, I'm sure I can only see like 1% of its capabilities
tmt
Goomba
takadoum wrote:
Why not inverting track mute and track selection when in performance mode ?
I mean you can mute/unmute with direct track keys on the right, and select a track with function+track keys.

that would be perfect.
very good idea and hopefully easy to implement
Goomba
Another easy one...

When quitting a knob set up page in perf set up, you go back to perf mode page, but not perf set up menu, that's weird, since you come from there.
And you have to go back to perf set up menu for each new knob.
Most of the time, I have to modify 2-3 knobs in a row, or I want to rename one, so I would prefer to come back to perf set up menu.

Am I wrong ?

By the way, why is the rename option separated from configure ?
I think it should be an option in each knob set up page.
Goomba
The Analog Four is my first venture into the Elektron world, I got to say so far I'm pretty impressed it can do. That said, I agree with the vast majority of the feature request placed above, and particular the ones related to setting different tempos for different tracks.

One other thing I think would be cool, but I'm not sure it's actually possible, would be the ability to bounce arpeggiator patterns down to the sequencer. I find myself using the arp to do a great deal of my composition, and it be awesome if I could bounce the Arp pattern down the sequencer trigs for further editing.
???
Goomba
UNQUANTIZED LIVE RECORDING!
Goomba
Made In Machines wrote:
foinfoin wrote:
+1 duo-phony !
+1 polyphony !!!

unitl this i found a little free VST plugin that does this :
midiPolyphony
http://www.thepiz.org/plugins/?p=pizmidi
"For spreading polyphony across MIDI channels, i.e. if you play 4 notes, each one will go to a different channel. Polyphony per channel can be set from 1 to 16 notes for more flexibility. You can also use it to convert polyphonic input to monophonic output."

There is also the Midipal (in Dispatcher mode)
http://mutable-instruments.net/midipal

(not tested... I have not yet received my a4)

Nice! Thanks. Let us know if it works well - it's the main thing holding me back from getting it

The free plugin works very well in Cubase
Now i have a polyphonic A4 ^^
And to control the parameters of the 4 voices at the same time, i have added a midi track resending the CC parameters on the 4 channels (with NRPN it don't work ... maybe it will be fixed in a future update)

PIZ website is offline but I put them there:
http://maf464.com/!stock/pizmidi.zip
http://maf464.com/!stock/pizmidi_x64.zip
Goomba
Reboot242 wrote:
Sequencer able to send midi. More than just midi clock that is. This would make it the perfect machine imo.

yes, specifically allow existing CV track to be set to send CV or Midi sequences.

and +1 on the poly mode as well!!!!!
Go to top Post Reply