As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear A4 Feature Requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: A4 Feature Requests
Cappy
Re:A4 Feature Requests 11 Years, 4 Months ago
Have we heard anything from Elektron as to what the future holds for A4 owners? Anything that we know they are addressing?

My Wishlist is this so far:

- External sequencing.
- The ability to record chords into the sequencer for arps.
- the ability to adjust note length by hold the start point then the end point like the FR-777 did. Very intuitive.
- More outs (though that ship has sailed)
- Mute External In. I dunno how this would be done without muting the FX as well but it would be helpful to me.
- Pattern change via CC. I'm told I can't change the pattern via messages sent from Live. That's a bit of a bummer as I was trying to build songs using A4, Maschine and Tempest. I only have 2 hands!!

Probably more but I can't think what they are at the moment.

-b
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
page launch!

would be awesome if i could trigger the different pages for each track. like if i had a different drum pattern on each page i could just press "page" and a left or right arrow key (or better, a button assigned to each page) to loop a page . i know about advanced scale mode that i can set the number of beats and stuff.. but it is still sequential.. stuck on page 1:4 and other pages get appended after it.
but it would be nice if i could go to page 3:4 and loop just that page.
tmt
Goomba
-more (or all) envelop lfo patch destinations
(arp parameters, etc)

-inter-track envelop and lfo patch destinations
(e.g. the CV lfo would be quite handy to use on other tracks while not using the cv seq)

-modulation envelop retrig
(as in continuous retrig like the mod env of the nord lead 3

(even) more lfo flexibility in general would be handy.
Goomba
Frequency Shifter would be nice.
Goomba
Jimmyscalp wrote:
A second Function key near the track keys so we can mute-unmute track using one hand (and several fingers obvisously). In fact i did a small demo live set yesterday for friends and i wanted to mute/unlute tracks from both the A4 and MD and.... Well i was one hand too short
yes, i don't know if it has been submit yet but what about the scale/page button?
Goomba
When a parameter's value changes by performing a Reload function (Sound, Kit), the correspondent MIDI CC messages should be sent.

...or at least CCs for Performance A - J knobs.

thanks!
Function+mute like on the OT and MD

Transpose individual pages
Goomba
foinfoin wrote:

There is also the Midipal (in Dispatcher mode)
http://mutable-instruments.net/midipal

(not tested... I have not yet received my a4)

I just wanted to let you all know that polyphony via the Mutable Instruments MIDIpal is pretty cool.

While Elektron will no doubt provide a firmware update in the near future, the MIDIpal Dispatcher app is quite flexible and even offers a unison mode. Technically if you had four A4s you could achieve 16 voice polyphony!
Boo
^ would you mind posting a sound clip of A4 poly playing with MIDIpal? very curious to hear what that would sound like!
Re:A4 Feature Requests 11 Years, 3 Months ago
* Pattern cycle modes!!! Give us forward, backwards, forward-backwards, and random.

* Ability to use the parameter knobs as realtime controls for the sequence note parameters like pitch, gate, etc. etc. Think old-school analog step sequencer.
Go to top Post Reply