As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT - Signal Flow Headrooms for Gain Structure solutions (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT - Signal Flow Headrooms for Gain Structure solutions
Kong
mr. applehead
Re:OT - Signal Flow Headrooms for Gain Structure solutions 11 Years, 5 Months ago
nice detective work
cheers for the post
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
Re:OT - Signal Flow Headrooms for Gain Structure solutions 11 Years, 4 Months ago
yes, this is fascinating!

i must admit, i am not sure exactly what to make of it all, as i am only just reading the information now ... and there is a lot of quality information!

so ... are there any conclusions that you would make, after all this research?
any quick tips for best signal flow practise, without pushing the internal volume signal path towards digital distortion?

cheers for the share..
Re:OT - Signal Flow Headrooms for Gain Structure solutions 11 Years, 4 Months ago
Been working with Elektron's gain staging from the beginning. So flexible, easy to master, and an audio tool unto itself. What's the problem again?
Chain Chomp
MD uw
Octatrack
Monomachine mkII +Drive
Re:OT - Signal Flow Headrooms for Gain Structure solutions 11 Years, 3 Months ago
>>No problem at all Allerian! =)
I was just wondering how this machine behaves since it can go to manage audio program that could be already at the headroom limit....
BUT
I've just noticed that if i record the reference sine and using the crossfader volume transition
to fade from the sample file to the record buffer i hear a higher volume sine...not +12dB more but higher than the orginal file been recorded. Wondering why...all controls are the same both tracks...any ideas?

What do you mean with audio tool into itself?

>>Umazeki, i think you have been too rigid in front of it...but agree for a nice 16-segment meter..

>>Previewlounge....this info is not intended to declare something, i was just curious on how the signal goes through stages. IMHO the best signal flow practise is to judge by hear...since we never use JUST sine waves as audio program
I only mentioned that for THRU machine i find "dangerous" to use the PL VOL to increase the volume of the track since it acts as input gain...otherwise you're actually searching for distortion.
And...as Allerian said: it IS flexible, you can really decide where to boost/attenuate the signal and making complex stuff from a stereo out.

Love day-by-day more this machine!

P.S.
sorry for my late reply

*_BleSs_*
::gg::
Go to top Post Reply