As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Sounds Analog to Me (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Sounds Analog to Me
King Koopa
NoiseLab56309
MySpace
DSP Rules!!!
Re:Sounds Analog to Me 11 Years, 5 Months ago
From what I see no joystick, however a joystick with four scenes like the Octatrack fader would be...
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
NoiseLab56309
MySpace
DSP Rules!!!
I also don't get why they changed the display. It's to small even with high resolution. The interaction of the user interface, I want to see a visual representation of the A-J knobs like we use to have! And that was already a subject for improvement. I like to see a Teenage Engineering OP-1 style display. I like to pay more money for that kind of display!!!
are we to assume there's no MIDI tracks for external gear - just CV ? ( hope so )

can't see a way to toggle the tracks to MIDI tracks like on the MnM ....?

Also, if there are two channels CV/Gate outs, why only 1 track labelled 'CV' ?? that's gonna be a pain maybe ? what if you just want to mute 'vintage monosynth A'...a single button press would have been nice.

Hey - what am i doing ??!!!!

the full specs will become clear in the fullness of time...stop trying to guess things from the front panel.....
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
KOTARE wrote:
A question - I have never bought an Elektron instrument new (I have a MD and love it to pieces). Will it be sold only through Elektron initially or through other distributors? I'm trying to get at whether I'll need a bucket of cash soon or whether it will be with one of those mega "pay a third, get your item, pay off the other two thirds later on" distributors in the States...

It'll likely be in other stores soon, but ELektron's shipping is usually faster anyway so I always order direct from them.
I feel that there may be a few surprises in the near future. I can't help but think Elektron have more up their sleeves.
Boo
xmit wrote:
are we to assume there's no MIDI tracks for external gear - just CV ? ( hope so )

can't see a way to toggle the tracks to MIDI tracks like on the MnM ....?

Mmm... could be, but in the OT midi button is on the other side.
Cappy
Shipping on 3rd of December, yet there is no possibility to preorder yet -
I remember having preordered th OT about a month before shipping.
(price and specs well known at that point).

What do you guys think? 3rd December really possible?

*GAS*
Chain Chomp
maelstrom wrote:
Shipping on 3rd of December, yet there is no possibility to preorder yet -
I remember having preordered th OT about a month before shipping.
(price and specs well known at that point).

What do you guys think? 3rd December really possible?

*GAS*

I just hope we get something useable with v1.0. It all seems out of the blue and too good to be true tbh.
Chain Chomp
Interesting Rhythmic Devices That Seem To Counterpoint The Surrealism Of The Underlying Metaphor. DA RIP
Woe to you o earth & sea as the Electron gods send the analog four with wrath as they know the time is short. Let him who hath understanding calculate the number of the four as it is a human number, its number is £€$.......
Book of Hector chapter 1 verse 8

Goomba
OCTATRACK
MONOMACHINE MKII
MACHINEDRUM MKII +
analog FOUR
trinity + A4 = where the f do I plug my outputs?

looks like I can't avoid using a mixer any longer - and I just built a new desk that doesn't have room for a mixer!!!
Go to top Post Reply