As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Sounds Analog to Me (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Sounds Analog to Me
Killer Beez
Re:Sounds Analog to Me 11 Years, 5 Months ago
Indigo333 wrote:

Just kidding really... I just am not well versed in what actually went into making it...thats all

A shovel, an xylophone, an old turntable, some bits of old wire, misc. electrical bits and pieces, maybe a broken Octatrack case and of course a log or four and a lot of bling marketing..
  The topic has been locked.
Kong
mr. applehead
Budabling budabloom
Boo
BTW, what's up with this so called "Live performance mode"?
Is there a "non performance mode"? Like just a sound module to be played with a keyboard?
I never had an MM in my hands, but I don't think there is such mode.
The live performance mode and the small screen are two "hope for the best" unknown fact that scares me a bit. You know.. Love the OT, but I hope this it will be a little more user friendly.
Hammer Bro
ortiza2007 wrote:
I think it is a joystick because in the Analog Four "The Demon Who Wears Me" short, Hector is covering something on the left side of the Analog Four at 5:20 and at 5:26 it looks like his left hand is manipulating something on the left side of the Analog Four as it effects the audio being heard, although I am sure the audio was not the result of his hand movements and it is highly likely the audio was recorded separately, maybe it is symbolically related but there is definitely a mystery to be solved on the left side...ENHANCE around that tree...

In the video at 1:20 it looks like a joystick....ah,maybe wishful thinking on my part
Boo
I think this could be quite pricey. The old MDUW is 1500€, so it wouldn't surprise me if this was in the 1500-1800€ range.

Indigo333 wrote:
In the video at 1:20 it looks like a joystick....ah,maybe wishful thinking on my part

The straight one seems like the level pot left of the screen, but there's something small and 'inclined' next to it (mostly hidden by the xylophone) that could be a joystick.

http://i.imgur.com/Cdk8g.png

Also, the machine logo could represent the joystick.
King Koopa
ortiza2007 wrote:
I think it is a joystick because in the Analog Four "The Demon Who Wears Me" short, Hector is covering something on the left side of the Analog Four at 5:20 and at 5:26 it looks like his left hand is manipulating something on the left side of the Analog Four as it effects the audio being heard

I just had a look at this and at 5:20 you can clearly see the top half of the device and there is no joystick (at least not a MnM style one). The lower left quarter of the pic on Engadget shows bank select grid / buttons so unless the design changed looks like we're probably wishful thinking.

*EDIT* ...the knob to the left of the level knob could be a joystick I spose Lou.
Chain Chomp
If the specs are true then this looks like the most shit hot product of the year.

I hope the sequencer, arp and workflow are taken from the monomachine.

I hope its not too expensive tho and in line with the other Elektron boxes price wise.
Chain Chomp
here's that image first seen on engadget, but using more pixels, from the elektron tumblr:

So yes, it does have NOTE SLIDE, and other dedicated button functions that sound nice.
Cappy
www.soundcloud.com/kotare
MD UW, A4, Monomachine MK I, Yamaha CS-50, Chroma Polaris, SH-1000, EPS, ESQ-1, ASR10, MBase01, SP-404sx + 808
The straight one seems like the level pot left of the screen, but there's something small and 'inclined' next to it (mostly hidden by the xylophone) that could be a joystick.

http://i.imgur.com/Cdk8g.png

It looks like TWO joysticks. Maybe X/Y assignable encoders? Yum.
Boo
Is there a pelican case we can get the 4 units in? Maybe if they are slotted on there side with one of those small mixers? ?
Go to top Post Reply