As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Sounds Analog to Me (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Sounds Analog to Me
Killer Beez
3 brown dogs barking at each other....
Re:Sounds Analog to Me 11 Years, 6 Months ago
NoiseLab wrote:
Another teaser:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ReAB-Mg5vs&

Go on lid. Never seen these flexi disk things. (Appart from here)
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
MD UW+, OT, MnM UW+
dubathonic releases
fb
^Back issues of Guitar Player (from the mid-80s or thereabouts, i.e. waaaay before the Web) sometimes include plastic records like these for sound examples.

...that's probably one part of the Tradition reference.
^
Yeah... 'Keyboard' magazine I remember doing this ... A Flexi disc of the latest Kurzweil or a Linndrum ...
King Koopa
machinedrum sps-1 mkI
monomachine mkII
octatrack Dps-1
2x roland jx3p
roland spd-s
korg prophecy
microkorg
crumar Ds2
crumar bit one
yamaha su-10
EV-
AikiGhost wrote:
dataline wrote:
Just to keep things clear, MnM sounds very different in my opinion...

Yes the new machine sound far far nicer

Well I think it sounds different indeed , I just make the comparison because it looks like a synth
in a Octatrack jacket and sounds like it has mmmm.. it makes me feel like it maybe is the machine i've been lookin for ,for years

I still have the love hate relation with the mono and many times I use other synth's for pads string chord s and stuff ,so if I think it is , what I hope it s , then maybe it will be better for me to have one , instead of the mono machine just sayin , maybe it s what id been dreaming of
I mean the Octatrack is alive and had been dreaming of this for years for use in my music..

hehe Maybe it is... just a Guess
Cappy
NoiseLab wrote:
Another teaser:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ReAB-Mg5vs&

The image of the machine on the Flexi looks wider shot then the one that was on their site...

Enhance!
Cappy
does it make music ------> yes -------> did elektron make it ------> yes -----> give it to me
does it make music ------> yes -------> did elektron make it ------> no -----> might buy it
does it make music ------> no -------> did elektron make it ------> yes -----> might buy it
does it make music ------> no -------> did elektron make it ------> no -----> what is it then
Game & Watch
Re:mono
tjebbe wrote:
many times I use other synth's for pads string chord s and stuff

Yeah I beginning to think that unsurprisingly the monos strengths dont lie in big washy chords and paddy stuff. I've not had mine long but really like what it does with digital-stabby mono riffs, old school sounds and weird-ness but my nord kicks its ass on the pad front.

Need to try sticking some of my own waves in it and see what impact that has.
see - this is why the Monomachine kicks total arse :

I use it 90% for big washed out spacey, evolving pads... it's my go-to beast for that stuff.

MnM : you get what you put in ... she'll oblige given half a chance. Accept no substitutes...
^^ Totally dude!

Its a synth without presets, put in your time and you will be rewarded!

Or just flick through the presets

Whichever tickles your fancy!
Boo
MnM MKII + MDUW MKII + OT + A4 + Eurorack Modular System
ipassenger wrote:
Re:mono
tjebbe wrote:
many times I use other synth's for pads string chord s and stuff

Yeah I beginning to think that unsurprisingly the monos strengths dont lie in big washy chords and paddy stuff. I've not had mine long but really like what it does with digital-stabby mono riffs, old school sounds and weird-ness but my nord kicks its ass on the pad front.

Need to try sticking some of my own waves in it and see what impact that has.

I just started playing with poly mode on the MnM a couple of days ago (after seeing someone demoing it in a youtube clip). Have totally ignored poly mode up until now. Makes it super easy to program chords and pads in the sequencer. I really like it! Especially if you add a decent external reverb to the output (I use my Eventide Space pedal).

And also, in this mode the tracks behaves like separate patterns that can have different sounds and settings. But with the bonus feature that you can switch between patterns at any time in sync! Adds a nice performance aspect to it!

Haven't used my MnM in a while. But i will definitely start using it again as a chord/pad machine.

Would have liked if the random LFOs would have been random for each voice tho. Unfortunately it seems like they are not.
Go to top Post Reply