As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Sounds Analog to Me (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Sounds Analog to Me
Game & Watch
Re:Sounds Analog to Me 11 Years, 6 Months ago
hey guys let´s keep it low profile...people who already know the details suddenly got nervous and started to joke about this machine
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
ark wrote:
Nothing in this picture rules out the possibility of a piano keyboard at the other end, like the old Momonachine.

Except there's already a one octave button keyboard in the picture. Seems odd there would be two keyboards? To me, the SFX-6 seems like a chapter of the past. Too oddball to be a commercial success. I doubt Elektron will ever release such a conceptual design again.
Boo
SecretMusic wrote:

Loving it. The sound is gorgeous, but I am using it more as a synth than a drum machine..hehe..never been a big fan of analog drums, to be honest. But for synth lines, this thing rocks. The enveloppes are amazing, the LFO's timing I find better than the OT's LFO's, and with the slider action, it gets really messy really fast, which I love !

actually my main gripe about Tempest are the LFO's, they aren't free running which severely cripples sound design imo, very far from what you can achieve with elektron LFO's imo. the sequencer is also very basic without the ability to have individual track lengths or swing, also pattern chain is absent and step sequencing is basic to say the least. it does have its own bag of tricks though and is overall a fun good sounding unit, however i think this new box by elektron is clearly going to compete with it and might even prove to be superior but obviously we won't know until at least full specs are released..
Game & Watch
Nils wrote:
ark wrote:
Nothing in this picture rules out the possibility of a piano keyboard at the other end, like the old Momonachine.

Except there's already a one octave button keyboard in the picture. Seems odd there would be two keyboards? To me, the SFX-6 seems like a chapter of the past. Too oddball to be a commercial success. I doubt Elektron will ever release such a conceptual design again.

+1

I´m sure we´re talking another brick-shaped piece of gear...love the fact that there´s osc 1 and osc 2 plus noise on the panel...also the next button seems to be "filters", in plural, so one could expect more than 1 filter...and since they´re digital one could dream on several new kinds of filter to tame the analog oscillators off
/mr
Goomba
tradition & future
anselmi wrote:
filter...and since they´re digital one could dream on several new kinds of filter to tame the analog oscillators off
That's about time!
Killer Beez
3 brown dogs barking at each other....
SecretMusic wrote:
PlayRecords wrote:
SecretMusic wrote:
SBSIX wrote:
Its the same with all other cool gear. I've been beta testing a tempest for more than a year now.

same here

How you getting on with it?

Loving it. The sound is gorgeous, but I am using it more as a synth than a drum machine..hehe..never been a big fan of analog drums, to be honest. But for synth lines, this thing rocks. The enveloppes are amazing, the LFO's timing I find better than the OT's LFO's, and with the slider action, it gets really messy really fast, which I love !
However, timing is still an issue with me when syncing to the OT, not as tight as I would like it to be, but hey, it's still a beta product, and I could not live without one now that I have integrated it into my setup. Doing some remixing work now for Tosca, and I've used it to great effect for all kinds of sound effects and bleepy noises..it's great !
how about you ?

I fancy one.... Can't try one first though. Sorry I know this ain't the right place.
xanax wrote:
however i think this new box by elektron is clearly going to compete with it and might even prove to be superior but obviously we won't know until at least full specs are released..

you know, whatever it is, I'm getting one

I'm in love with the Elektron workflow, and the fact that you clearly have to put in a lot of work to get the machines to sound rewarding.

Agreed on the Tempest stuff, i just meant I find the timing of the LFO's tighter. On the OT, they always seem a bit behind. Too bad we can't really adjust the phase of them. I've tried some micro timing tricks and modulating an LFO's speed with another, but it usually ends up in pretty experimental territories

Surely, this new Elektron instrument will definitely be a big competitor to the Mofo 4 or Tetr4 or Tempest. It is probably the box that will make me get rid of my Tetr4 for sure. I'm so excited either way !

So, 4 voices, but 6 tracks ? What are the 2 extra tracks for ??
Killer Beez
3 brown dogs barking at each other....
^ maybe the extra tracks are for percussive type sounds.... Otherwise how can it compete with tempest? There's only 1 kick in the demo I heard.

Fingers crossed.
I was thinking about getting a minibrute. I'm not so sure now.
Killer Beez
monomachine mk2, Analog 4, boss dr110
ah I understand you now
vcos
Go to top Post Reply