As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Sounds Analog to Me (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Sounds Analog to Me
Killer Beez
3 brown dogs barking at each other....
Re:Sounds Analog to Me 11 Years, 6 Months ago
Nils wrote:
orwell wrote:
ha been there done that, poly 6 is too vintage to control, all over the place with the tuning
Justin has the p6 now

I don't think you got my hint

DCOs with digital filters....
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
Michael in Los Angeles
Nils wrote:
orwell wrote:
for those that cant wait the simple solution at the moment is run a monomachine into a korg or moog filter
sounds lush

You got it the wrong way
Run your Polysix VCOs through the Monomachine's filters and we're getting closer

But he said Polysix VCO's

Analog VCO's with digital filters
Killer Beez
@ who knows what

It sounds cool when you wazz the encoder and drive the reality vortex into imbalance.
ark
Chain Chomp
It occurred to me that I could use Photoshop to lighten the shadows in Elektron's promotional photo. Here's the result, in which you can clearly see "Analog Four 4 Voice Analog Synthesizer."

Two other noteworthy aspects:

1) It's hard to tell for sure, but it sure looks like this device might be thicker (i.e. further from the knobs to the base of the unit) than the other Elektron producte.

2) Nothing in this picture rules out the possibility of a piano keyboard at the other end, like the old Momonachine.
Just got off the horn w/ HQ.
They said there was a typo on the prototype, it's actually a FORTY voice analog synth.
Chain Chomp
Killer Beez
heckadecimal wrote:
They said there was a typo on the prototype, it's actually a FORTY voice analog synth.

A steal at 20,000 euro.
Killer Beez
ark wrote:

2) Nothing in this picture rules out the possibility of a piano keyboard at the other end, like the old Momonachine.

Realy hope it doesn't have a cheap (overpriced) keyboard bolted on the end.

I do hope those white and black buttons on the front is a vel sensitive 1 octave pad board though.
Hammer Bro
heckadecimal wrote:

LMAO!!

Ark, agreed about #1 - it could be thicker at the back end. Unless it's some kind of photoshopped 'glass reflection' effect that makes it look taller. Not sure about #2 though, there's a little octave keyboard on it already..

EDIT: Definitely not a keyboard at the other end. I did some Blade Runner style enhancements on the picture, and this is what I got:

http://www.gracedigitalaudio.ca/images/cassette.jpg
PlayRecords wrote:
SecretMusic wrote:
SBSIX wrote:
Its the same with all other cool gear. I've been beta testing a tempest for more than a year now.

same here

How you getting on with it?

Loving it. The sound is gorgeous, but I am using it more as a synth than a drum machine..hehe..never been a big fan of analog drums, to be honest. But for synth lines, this thing rocks. The enveloppes are amazing, the LFO's timing I find better than the OT's LFO's, and with the slider action, it gets really messy really fast, which I love !
However, timing is still an issue with me when syncing to the OT, not as tight as I would like it to be, but hey, it's still a beta product, and I could not live without one now that I have integrated it into my setup. Doing some remixing work now for Tosca, and I've used it to great effect for all kinds of sound effects and bleepy noises..it's great !
how about you ?
Go to top Post Reply