As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear change octatrack pattern with midi cc from external machine (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: change octatrack pattern with midi cc from external machine
Cappy
change octatrack pattern with midi cc from external machine 11 Years, 6 Months ago
i'm pretty sure is not possible.. neither to change part... anybody have found the solution or just a workaround?
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
Re:change octatrack pattern with midi cc from external machine 11 Years, 6 Months ago
nobody can help?
Chain Chomp
Re:change octatrack pattern with midi cc from external machine 11 Years, 6 Months ago
You can change patterns using MIDI program changes, is that what you meant?
Cappy
hey smoky

yes but from external machine to octatrack, so changing pattern inside octatrack from an external sequencer
Chain Chomp
So you send the program change from your external machine (in my case Cirklon) and octatrack changes its pattern.
Cappy
so is it possible?
i check control change list from the manual, but can't find that... if u know how to make please explain!!!
thanks
Chain Chomp
I can't really explain, you either know what a program change is or you don't. A MIDI Continuous Controller has a controller number and a 7-bit value. A MIDI program change also has a 7-bit value and also two bank select CCs associated, potentially. In the case of the Octatrack, one of these (MIDI CC32) is assigned to LFO2 depth, so since its bank select is a bit quirky, you only use the one value CC0 (all IIRC BTW).

Am I misunderstanding your question perhaps?
Cappy
mate ok there is different between program change and control change, but i still don't understand if u can change pattern from your external sequencer? do u?
thanks a lot for the moment
Cappy
ok ok answer is yes, i finally found it, thanks a lot mate for the patience
Chain Chomp
No worries, there's something to baffle everyone with this wonderful machine. Fortunately it also delights in equal measure.
Go to top Post Reply