As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Los Angeles - Looking For Music Buddies (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Los Angeles - Looking For Music Buddies
Goomba
Re:Los Angeles - Looking For Music Buddies 10 Years, 10 Months ago
Hey sounds like it will be lots of fun getting together. I can bring a synth or two and of course my MD. Do you have a PA? How shall we coordinate this?

Rafa Boom
  The topic has been locked.
Boo
I'm down, gents. Let's do it.
Cappy
Raw!
Cappy
PM me and i can coordinate with the location host and what the location has to offer. Jam out no jam out both ok. Bar,loft, cafe, underground warehouse all ok. Good idea bringing you own. Equipment to share and trade knowlogde and "show off those home kitchener cabinet making skills. Lol this Sun is the earliest i can set it up, also we can do weekdays for those who can only do week days and not week ends. I just ordered an Emx-1 and i'll but my MDUW for those who want to try. Good idea to let those who know be the "elder" and those who don't know "sit quitely and listen"! Who's down?! Raw! 1,2,3 ELEKTRON!!! Raw!
Cappy
Well, I do not have a pa or anything, just the space to hang at. My setup is pretty minimal. I am one of those poor kids pretending to be rich, and yes I like CV. Im down to play host if others are down to help with the rest. I mean, just a meetup would be cool by me as well. Yes...how to proceed. Probably July is a good timeframe.
Boo
cv, nice man, getting my feet wet with a future retro xs and loving the possibilities, i fear that going into the modular abyss will be very much like crack though
Chain Chomp
http://soundcloud.com/pixelife
Hey guys. All this sounds awesome. I'll probably be out for the entire second week of August for that live gig and then another at the downtown standard as a DJ set. My stuff leans towards the housey side of things. But would be awesome to meet you all in person.

Here's a DJ set of recent vintage.

https://soundcloud.com/gnrc-audio/pixelife-for-generic-surplus-a
Cappy
Ok First event. I'm thinking friday night in Silver Lake at a little cafe called Ali Mama
Perfect place to chill, meet n greet and talk Elektron, Music and Arm Wreslte!
Cappy
Hmm, is anyone actually for real about meeting up in LA or?
Cuz if it's a venue it's gunna take some work to setup. If a studio
To jam in it's gunna cost doe, if a meet-up then it's just a few drinks.
I've only gotten about 6 pm from those who are interested but unsure
About where and how. I say we pick a place then meet and see how it goes.
Pm me if your interested in this weekend meet friday or sat. Send me a pm
Or your contact info and i'll start sending the invite info to those who wanna be
Apart of a more physical presence in the community and grow as artists
And nerds. Plus free limited supply of Kitchenware on a first come first serve basis.
Boo
So basically the Elektron-Users forum is experiencing the exact same problem everyone else experiences when they try to get together a bunch of people in LA!

Forget the PMs, this is how you do it in LA: If you have 2-3 solid commitments on a place to chill, just post where you're meeting and whoever shows up shows up.

It is impossible to please everyone with a place in this town. Democracy does not work. You must dictate where, when, why and how, and the people will fall in line! Elektron comrades.... unite!
Go to top Post Reply