As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Los Angeles - Looking For Music Buddies (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Los Angeles - Looking For Music Buddies
Chain Chomp
Re:Los Angeles - Looking For Music Buddies 10 Years, 10 Months ago
natefrogg wrote:
for an event though, this weekend on the 22nd is a viva la tech party, usually pretty good stuff imho, 75% sure i'll be hitting it up

thre's a VIVA LA Tech party this sat? Well shit, I how did I not hear of this, I am usually at all of them. HA!!! I gotta bone to pick with jacob.
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
http://soundcloud.com/pixelife
marcel videla wrote:
pixelife wrote:
Also I'll probably be out there for a week-ish. So there will be time to hang/jam and I'll have my gear w me!

Edit: Don't forget about the Rhonda parties. More on the house/disco tip, but super super fun.

Blah Rhonda parties... not dirty enough for me. I love house, but...

Cute girls tho.
Boo
marcel he is so busy though man, there is an fb event for it and it is up on scr calendar too

disco house is fun, will look into rhonda, dgaf about girls when i go it's to groove it up man *dancin' yeeeah*
Goomba
Digital Aspergers wrote:
Damn, this thread took off lately. Maybe we should organize a meet up sometime. My life got super busy after I started this thread but im comin up for air now. Outta E.P. and into DTLA now too.

I'm down for a meet up jam and to help organize it. I'm from the SGV and work in the Westside. Hit me up let's do something!

later
Boo
I'm in Santa Monica. Always down to jam out. I suppose there's enough of us to have an "Elektron-Users Bar Night".

What's the best place in LA to go out and represent as a bunch of dudes in love with metal boxes with lots of knobs and LCD screens? I'm going with somewhere on the outskirts of downtown.

Can't be Silver Lake/Echo Park: That's where the rich kids pretending to be poor with modular synth fetishes patch eachother's CVs, if you know what I mean.

Can't be West Hollywood: They don't like boxes there. I'm so, so sorry. I just had to take that bait.

Can't be Santa Monica or Venice: shuts down over here around 11:30 and all the kids that go out in Venice use VSTs and Novation Launchpads that their daddy the film producer got them for Christmas.

Any other neighborhood suggestions? I'm too bitter to pick a place. Haha

But seriously let's get a real bar/club night together and talk gear and possible collaboration. I have tons of gear (MD/A4/Live 9/Push are the highlights) and am getting more (Mutable Instruments Anushri should be here soon, about to buy a Roland JX-305 off this guy on CL for 350- why not? I'll keep it until it's actual vintage in 15 years and all the kiddies cycle back to vintage shit like we did haha).
Cappy
Raw!
Cappy
I would love to help organize these parties, fyi i'm out in Echo Park. Would be interested in doing a meet n greet first maybe at dj Pierre's event this sunday at the standard rooftop cuz most of us got into this because of techno n acid and pierre is well like a god-father. My email is reubenirving@yahoo.com then ill pass my # think about car pooling and make sure the other members are legit. You never know, but lets keep it chill.
Cappy
Probably more gear than I need...
Good to see so many from LA on the board! I didn't realize how many there were and from the SGV no less. I'm actually closer to the IE than LA these days though. I would love to meet up if my schedule permits. I'll be traveling a bit over the next few months.
Cappy
Alright. Heres my idea. Ive got a loft downtown. Lets meet up here and bring gear, etc, jam out. We can bbq on the roof and make lots of noise. What does everybody think?
Boo
wow that sounds awesome
Go to top Post Reply