As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Octatrack TIPS thread (placed in WIKI section of this site) (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Octatrack TIPS thread (placed in WIKI section of this site)
Cappy
Re:Octatrack TIPS thread (placed in WIKI section of this site) 11 Years, 3 Months ago
zeropoint wrote:
maass wrote:
mc202.com wrote:
REOvolt wrote:
I also hate the 4 part system. There should be a part per pattern option.

+1

+1

+ 1

+2
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
Re:Octatrack TIPS thread (placed in WIKI section of this site) 11 Years, 3 Months ago
zeropoint wrote:
maass wrote:
mc202.com wrote:
REOvolt wrote:

+1

+1

+ 1

I must say +1
Chain Chomp
MD uw
Octatrack
Monomachine mkII +Drive
sovietpop wrote:
zeropoint wrote:
maass wrote:
mc202.com wrote:
REOvolt wrote:

+1

+1

+ 1

I must say +1

Im definetely in...
.+1.
Please sign the petition thread from now on if you want a part per pattern option on the Octatrack. I will make a list of all entries.

You can find the petition here: http://elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=28&func=view&id=210966&catid=9
Goomba
I'm not sure if this tip has been posted anywhere yet..
(sorry new to the forum and haven't done too much digging)

Using the OT with External FX.

I have enjoyed many hours of noodling using my OT and various external FX's.
Mainly the Sherman FB2.

One trick I have found I enjoy is using P locks to Pan signals placing left as "Dry" and right channel as "Wet"

If you want to bring in the Scene fader you can have a lot of fun with Panned scenes or even using Cue outs if you desire to do mixing in the OT

I also enjoy using various scenes with divided LFO's for Panning"sending" to external FX.

I'm sure someone else has discovered this, but I thought I'd add my 2 cents.

-M
Cappy
This tip is so obvious, that i needed a long time, to find it: If you want to loop for example steps 33-64 of a pattern, just use the arranger.

BTW: as i mentioned in the petition thread, i really like the 4 parts system. Use part 1 for pattern 1-4, part 2 for pattern 5-8 and so on. Then you have pattern 2-4 as three possible variations of pattern 1, where pattern 6-8 are variations of pattern 5 and so on. If you keep this organisation consistent, i bet you'll also start liking the parts system.
I did and it still dorsn't agree with me. And 35 others so far...
Go to top Post Reply