As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear About trigless locks : what does it do ? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: About trigless locks : what does it do ?
Re:About trigless locks : what does it do ? 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Trig : triggers sample, restarts envelopes, restarts LFOs etc.
Trigless Trig : does not trigger sample, restarts envelopes and LFOs etc.
Trigless Lock : does not trigger sample or restart envelopes and LFOs

All 3 are able to act as P-Locks.
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
it would be awesome if someone posted a really rough video just demonstrating how they might use them. i personally learn a whole lot better visually. i'm sure it would be much appreciated as its these features that really make the a4 sequencer amazing. I'm still trying to figure them all out myself. a4 is my first elektron.
GYS
Game & Watch
Do dumb shit with glow sticks.
www.soundcloud.com/gys
www.virb.com/gys
neilbaldwin wrote:
Trig : triggers sample, restarts envelopes, restarts LFOs etc.
Trigless Trig : does not trigger sample, restarts envelopes and LFOs etc.
Trigless Lock : does not trigger sample or restart envelopes and LFOs

All 3 are able to act as P-Locks.

Truth.

The way I look at it is a Trigless Lock is a way to manipulate a long playing sample in a more subtle way. The envelope and LFOs that are triggered at the beginning on the sample will play through to the end of the sample rather than getting re-trigged. So say you had a 4-bar pad sample and you wanted a super long filter envelope to do a nice sweep over the full 4 bars. At the same time though, you wanted to change the pitch at the start of each bar. Trigless Locks would allow you to change the pitch while keeping that first filter envelope sweeping smoothly through the full 4 bars.

Using trigless trigs would give you different results. You'd still get the same melody change, but with each change, you'd also be re-firing the envelope and LFOs...so in this case you'd have a filter sweep happening at the start of every bar rather than a single long one carrying through to the end.
Goomba
Hey,

Especially to INSOUL8, I thought I'd do a quick video. I've had so much help from people on various forums that I try to return the favor. I know you have an Analog 4, but maybe this'll clarify the issue a bit, even though it's the OT on the video.

Sorry about my English, not my native language and it's been a long day at work, so I'm mumbling and being incoherent.

here you go

http://youtu.be/E14ew5lXZKU
Goomba
josker wrote:
Hey,

Especially to INSOUL8, I thought I'd do a quick video. I've had so much help from people on various forums that I try to return the favor. I know you have an Analog 4, but maybe this'll clarify the issue a bit, even though it's the OT on the video.

Sorry about my English, not my native language and it's been a long day at work, so I'm mumbling and being incoherent.

here you go

Thanks, Josker!! I'll check it out as soon as i get home from work. Much appreciated.
Chain Chomp
PEACE
josker wrote:
Hey,

here you go

Thanks josker, that video was very useful.
I wasn´t even aware of this yet...
Goomba
me too, great stuff! thx for the video
Go to top Post Reply