As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear About trigless locks : what does it do ? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: About trigless locks : what does it do ?
Cappy
Pourquoi restez-vous là à regarder le ciel ?
About trigless locks : what does it do ? 11 Years, 11 Months ago
I've read the addendum again and again, but I don't understand what they do and how they can be used. It seems to me that they don't trig anything, so, even if I like Lao Tseu and his thoughts about emptyness , could someone explain what these trigless locks are ?
  The topic has been locked.
5id
Boo
MD UW+ OT
xoneDB4
Re:About trigless locks : what does it do ? 11 Years, 11 Months ago
I use trigless locks for locking different filter settings on different steps, lets say you have a continuous pad playing for two bars, you could trigless trig the filter every four steps with different filter base settings.

Also on the amp set-up page (function + amp) you will find different settings for trigs + trigless trigs on how they will react with amplitude envelopes and FX envelopes, you can get alot of different results with different settings.

Hope this helps
yeah, but is there a difference between trigless Trigs and trigless Locks?
5id
Boo
MD UW+ OT
xoneDB4
TrondC wrote:
yeah, but is there a difference between trigless Trigs and trigless Locks?

Thanks for pointing this out, i'm in a right triggin mess.
Chain Chomp
Interesting Rhythmic Devices That Seem To Counterpoint The Surrealism Of The Underlying Metaphor. DA RIP
From the notes with the latest os

Trigless locks
A new trig type is available; the trigless lock. This trig type is very useful for parameter automation. Unlike the normal trig and the trigless trig, the trigless lock does not trig LFO- or FX-envelopes, regardless of the settings in AMP Setup page. It also does not reset unlocked parameters to their default values. Therefore, you can place trigless locks between normal trigs without worrying about unlocking any parameters that are locked on the normal trigs.
It is not possible to slide parameters across trigless locks without locking the slid parameters also on the trigless lock. For example, if you slide the pitch of a sample between two trigs and want to automate the
filter cutoff between these trigs by utilizing trigless locks, you need to lock the pitch changes also on the trigless locks in order to get the slide effect.
Trigless locks are shown as a dimmed green color in the grid edit mode.
An already existing trigless trig can be changed to a trigless lock by pressing [GRID]+[EXIT/NO]. Similarly, a normal trig can also be changed to a trigless trig using the same key combination.
To change a trigless lock to a trigless trig, use [GRID]+[ENTER/YES]. Note that it is not possible to change a trigless trig to a normal trig this way. To do this, just press the [GRID] key to enable the trig attribute.
When live recording parameter automation in the sequencer, trigless locks will now be placed instead of trigless trigs. Similarly, when using [FUNCTION]+[GRID] in grid edit mode, trigless locks will be placed instead of trigless trigs. Use the [ENTER/YES] key to upgrade any trigless locks to trigless trigs whenever you want to retrig LFOs or FX-envelopes.
5id
Boo
MD UW+ OT
xoneDB4
BlueWolfSe7en wrote:
From the notes with the latest os

Trigless locks are shown as a dimmed green color

Thanks BlueWolfSe7en

I wondered why my trigless trigs were looking pale
Game & Watch
I was just wondering about this topic as well...I don't quite get it either.
Game & Watch
Good for example to change pitch partway through a sample without affecting the LFO or envelope, I think their (trigless locks) main use is for recording tweaks TBH, kind of makes sense that trigless trigs do still trigger LFO and envelopes although the trigless part of the name is a little confusing
King Koopa
Monomachine
Machinedrum
Octatrack
Evolver MEK PE
Rane TTM 56
Numark TTX
Maschine
Novation SL MKii
Okay, this had me pretty fuxored too...perhaps look at it like this:

Trigless Trigs
versus
Trigless Locks

We all know what Trigless Trigs do, so it helps that they made the green LED a little dimmer to indicate that a TRIG isn't actually being placed (just a LOCK on that STEP). Probably works really well with the comb filter...
Goomba
Re:About trigless locks : what does it do ? 10 Years, 9 Months ago
So among all the things that trigless locks DO NOT do, what exactly is it that they DO?

[scratches head]
Go to top Post Reply