As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT Pickup Machine (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT Pickup Machine
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
Re:OT Pickup Machine 11 Years, 11 Months ago
chapelier fou wrote:
One thing i never managed to do with the pickup machine :
is it possible for a pickup machine to be slaved to the OT's tempo ? Not setting it, but adapting its length, start and end to the sequencer ?
Also, where can i find the documentation about the midi controls to be sent by a foot controller ?
thanks !

You could just use a regular recorder for that, set the personalize menu to trigger sampling with just one press of A/B (or C/D). Set the Recorder parameters to the length you want, and for sampling to start at pattern length. Then when you press AB, the recorder will wait until the pattern loops, start sample, and stop after the recording duration you set.
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
Gear Includes:
Elektron Analog 4
Elektron Monomachine
DSI Tempest
MPC 1000 (Custom)
Korg ESX1
Korg ER1
Various Monosynths
NI Maschine
About bloody time. Now can we have an actual honest to goodness "simple sampling" mode and a "drum machine" mode?
Boo
AikiGhost wrote:
About bloody time. Now can we have an actual honest to goodness "simple sampling" mode and a "drum machine" mode?

Why drum machine mode? I have drum machines for drum machine mode. The OT is a sampler. I use it for lots of things. I don't use it as a drum machine. Elektron makes a box that is permanently in drum machine mode...
Admin
oldgearguy wrote:
AikiGhost wrote:

Why drum machine mode? I have drum machines for drum machine mode. The OT is a sampler. I use it for lots of things. I don't use it as a drum machine. Elektron makes a box that is permanently in drum machine mode...

the best advice i ever received about the OT was to let it be what it is.
King Koopa
Gear Includes:
Elektron Analog 4
Elektron Monomachine
DSI Tempest
MPC 1000 (Custom)
Korg ESX1
Korg ER1
Various Monosynths
NI Maschine
oldgearguy wrote:
AikiGhost wrote:

Because I want to be able to have easy access to 128 drums with individual settings on a single track.
Chain Chomp
AikiGhost wrote:
oldgearguy wrote:
AikiGhost wrote:

Because I want to be able to have easy access to 128 drums with individual settings on a single track.

Thats just not what the OT is about. Enjoy it. Its fantastic.
King Koopa
Gear Includes:
Elektron Analog 4
Elektron Monomachine
DSI Tempest
MPC 1000 (Custom)
Korg ESX1
Korg ER1
Various Monosynths
NI Maschine
Nein wrote:Thats just not what the OT is about. Enjoy it. Its fantastic.

Each to their own, I still hands down prefer my ESX. But im not really into loops.
Boo
AikiGhost wrote:
Nein wrote:Thats just not what the OT is about. Enjoy it. Its fantastic.

Each to their own, I still hands down prefer my ESX. But im not really into loops.

And there's nothing wrong with that. You have a Tempest, which is an awesome drum machine. If you wanted 128 drums with individual settings on a track, then either a rack full of Akai S1000 samplers or a computer is going to give you the most capability and control.

One reason I sold my MonoMachine (and love the OT) is that to get the most out of the MnM (IMHO), you had to edit pretty much every trigger to lock params and such, whereas on the OT I rarely do any locking and if I do it's minimal in selected spots. I let the (re)sampling and scenes and playing with the params in realtime do the heavy lifting.

As others have mentioned - use it for what it does best. You really do not want a room full of Swiss Army knives. You want a hammer, a screwdriver, pliers, saw, etc. Use each tool in your studio for it's strengths, explore their nooks and crannies, and in the end be more productive versus trying to use a hammer to cut a piece of wood.
oldgearguy wrote:

As others have mentioned - use it for what it does best. You really do not want a room full of Swiss Army knives. You want a hammer, a screwdriver, pliers, saw, etc. Use each tool in your studio for it's strengths, explore their nooks and crannies, and in the end be more productive versus trying to use a hammer to cut a piece of wood.

This is the best thing I've read here in a long time, aside from the actual OT update.
Hammer Bro
MDUW+MkII
MnM60MkII
OT
A4
Airbase99
JV1080
VirusTI2
Minibrute
Space
TimeFactor
Actually REALLY digging the pickup machine concept ...

Like all Elektron stuff it is quirky but, wash rinse and repeat enough times and you got it ...

Been really liking using the Master as the input and getting some crazy Shizuo sounding beat action...

SOOO STOKED
:lars
Go to top Post Reply