As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: OT Lab 3.
Game & Watch
Re:OT Lab 3. 12 Years ago
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
machinedrum sps-1 mkI
monomachine mkII
octatrack Dps-1
2x roland jx3p
roland spd-s
korg prophecy
microkorg
crumar Ds2
crumar bit one
yamaha su-10
EV-
ok here it goes found ita bithard to make a tracklike this that short but no pain no gain heheh
have fun spacebunnygame soundhttp://soundcloud.com/storm-op-de-maan/octatrack-lab-3

edit: mm no one else has uploaded to the soundcloud group yet? Neil ?
Game & Watch
Dope workings my man! Really enjoyed it
Game & Watch
Ooer I ended up again not doing what I started out to do, initially was going for something dark ambient, but its turning into a semi melodic acid stomp, funny.

Should get it uploaded this evening after dinner, massive roast so might be 9ish
Game & Watch
Getting some weird filter bugs happening, can't figure it out, I sure hope I don't brokened it
Game & Watch
King Koopa
machinedrum sps-1 mkI
monomachine mkII
octatrack Dps-1
2x roland jx3p
roland spd-s
korg prophecy
microkorg
crumar Ds2
crumar bit one
yamaha su-10
EV-
darenager wrote:
Bazinga! http://soundcloud.com/darenager/ots-theme-sciencelab3-entry

YOUR SICK !!!! 1 TRACK how did you do it ?

damn how do you make these synth parts and bass lines like that I try and I try but nothin comes close to sounding so distinct is this really the combfilter ? damn nice and mindblowing what are you !
Game & Watch
Dude your track was awesome too!

For the pitched parts using a small loop to set pitch, then just p-lock away. For the kick just use a LFO and different filter settings (low width, high resonance) a bit of drive on the filter roughens things up nicely. Thank god for trig copy/paste though, made getting the kick done a lot easier, otherwise a lot of p-locking to do by hand!

I did not use the combfilter except for a small amout on the vocal bit.

I used 4 parts, and each part was using delay, switching to a different part the delay carries over so that came in handy. I use track 1 for all the trigs, then track 2 as a neighbour, tr8 as master. I used the arranger for the first time on this track.

One thing I did notice on the kick/bassline part was that the filter would sometimes change settings, most of the time it would play fine but every now and then the kick would sound wrong. I did not have any midi going into the OT so stumped at why it was happening, possibly a bug.
Game & Watch
Bumping for more participants
Re:OT Lab 3. 11 Years, 11 Months ago
I'm a newly inaugurated Octatrack fiend. I'd be interested in having a bash at this... Is there a downloadable version of the source sample (the Soundcloud clip doesn't have a download button) or are people just ripping the audio from it as it plays?
Go to top Post Reply