As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT feature requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT feature requests
Chain Chomp
Re:OT feature requests 11 Years, 11 Months ago
Since I see some of you guys are stating your No1 FR's I'll do the same thing.
Here they are.

1)Midi playback of slots and slices, and complete midi control of the whole machine.
2)Importing of banks or paterns with auto handling of sample slots
3)Mutes,solos,cues,mixer settings,bpm per pattern.(or at best 1 part per pattern)
4)Disable autoscroll of pattern edit view when in arranger mode or pattern chain mode.
5)Transient slice detection
6)Midi program change inside the sequencer
7)Midi scenes
8)Audio and midi track names
9)Easier looping of regions inside the Arranger
10) Track and fx presets.
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
Not sure it has been mentioned but a granular machine would set the Octatrack apart.
I dont think there is any hardware that can do granular stuff (maybe the Virus but i've heard the implementation is very simple)
Chain Chomp
Attempting to make the MIDI scene idea more understandable:
Right now I can have 2 or more OT MIDI tracks, with their notes, LFOs and so on the go to one synth without issue. So I don't think this would run into any MIDI congestion problems.

You'd program two 2 MIDI tracks and assign them to either side of the crossfader. When the fader is on the left side all values of the sequencer assigned to the right side will be zero. As you move the crossfader to the right the OT will raise the values of the sequencer on the right side to whatever you programed them to be while lowering the values on the left side to zero.

Basically it's like scenes on the audio side, but per track rather than per parameter.

For example you could have 3 tracks sending to one channel and one track would send notes while your tracks assigned to the crossfader only send MIDI CCs. It'd be neat to swap tracks assigned to the crossfader on the fly.

sovietpop wrote:
Not sure it has been mentioned but a granular machine would set the Octatrack apart.
I dont think there is any hardware that can do granular stuff (maybe the Virus but i've heard the implementation is very simple)
I've heard this request a few times and I'm not sure I get it. By modulating the retrig, sample start position and length and pitch I get stuff that sounds like granular synthesis to me....
Cappy
+1,000,000 on the granular machine
JES
King Koopa
I email them and ask for this every time they do a software update. I've even suggested controls and programmers if they need outside help. I'm now moving on to begging. It's so close to a granular machine now...,
Chain Chomp
I'm curious as to what type of sound/functionality you're looking for in granulator?

You have to re-sample to get polyphony, but I think that ends up giving more interesting, organic yet still composed sounding results.

I mean I can get sounds like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pn_b7OUO6I

this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avUoUaGdkeA

Or this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NLLRKGVDl4
JES
King Koopa
I was all excited to see how people were getting cool granular fx with the OT but those videos were, well, not the OT.

The main thing I want is some ability to freeze audio, scrub, add jitter, add density and control grain size. I basically use it to make clouds--polyphony isn't a big issue. The Monolake granulator is cool but a granular machine could be simpler like audio ease Riverrun or density. OTOH, adding simple FM -- one step up from the comb filter -- would be amazing.
Goomba
It would be great to have 'auto cords' on the midi tracks. Set the root note and then a cord type.

And again - an option to have track mute tied to patterns.
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
Actually been starting to wish for track mute tied to patterns myself for some things.
King Koopa
Soundcloud
Trinity SH101 Juno6 JX3P cs10 NM1 Z1 K5000s MB33II Ipad3 MicroQ TX81z DX200 WS/AD VZ8m XD5 DP4 Gtrz
I don't know how mute per pattern would be implemented unless they increase the number of parts (another request many of us have stated), but at the very least "mute settings per part" would be a great feature addition and seemingly easy to inmplement considering the mutes are just midi data. I had an idea on how it might be implemented.

- Somewhere in the "Quick Mute" trig mode (maybe on right hand side of the black text label strip) could be... say 3 or 4 mute memory icons numbered A, B, C, D, with the presently selected mute memory being highlighted.
- Currently we can hold function & press the mutes. When releasing the function then all the mutes are actioned. Well my suggestion is before one releases the function button, press 'rec' (copy) to copy the current mute settings. A 'copy mutes' dialog box pops up briefly.
- After letting go of func & rec, then press function+stop(paste)... a little dialog box will then appear asking to select Mute memory A, B, C or D. Use the left/right arrows to select letter, press enter and presto! Memory mute settings saved within current part.
- Not sure exactly what key combo could be used to jump between mute memories, but it would ideally be accessible at any point. Open to suggestions here.
Go to top Post Reply