As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT feature requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT feature requests
Goomba
Re:OT feature requests 11 Years, 12 Months ago
I would love to record for my new composed song i need some suggestions as what kind of recording software i can use to create a song?

piece chariot elevateur
  The topic has been locked.
There's no copy/paste functions in the audio editor for static samples as far as I can see, although it would be sweet if the copy/paste buttons worked in the audio editor too.
Cappy
OT, A4, Blofeld
Just a Send-Machine
Chain Chomp
Re:OT feature requests 11 Years, 11 Months ago
LMLMLM wrote:
There's no copy/paste functions in the audio editor for static samples as far as I can see, although it would be sweet if the copy/paste buttons worked in the audio editor too.

Unfortunately they don't work since copy/paste is a ram operation. I agree about copy/paste buttons. They should work there too.
Cappy
I would love a feature from my 03d desk:

the ability to set the control channel for the compressor, so you can sidechain from any given channel (including master outs and the inputs, preferably). Shouldn't be too difficult, I think, but would enlarge the sound palette incredibly.
King Koopa
machinedrum sps-1 mkI
monomachine mkII
octatrack Dps-1
2x roland jx3p
roland spd-s
korg prophecy
microkorg
crumar Ds2
crumar bit one
yamaha su-10
EV-
since the new update 1.2b most i wanted is in there
But!
wouldnt it be super awesome to create a vocoder effect you could use as a base to work from : you could plock your vocoder effect step by step never going wrong when you do a life performance as notes are fixed per pattern (instead of playin the right chords live) and stilll you could make a huge variation on your vocals by using a combination of the effects thus creatin a super vocoder think of triple voices or creatin a choir with just one vocal would'nt that be a cool

edit : you can in some way already do this off course but still you first have to create the perfect set up for this to work so it would greatly in prove production if you could use a base effect for this so you can instantly use this abbillty on the OT within a wink of a eye

or you could use a sample as a base osc to create weird voices if I just think of the ideas of what you could do with the OT as a vocal unit damn it s just inspiring and a whole new ball game its not a sampler its a recording studio in a box !!!!

bye bye vs/880 hello octatrack!
Cappy
I would like to see "Knightrider" style lights on the step keys when the project is saving or loading.
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
LOL, that would be pretty cool I guess.
Chain Chomp
I was just using a sony pcm-50 portable recorder and it has a cool limiting feature where it records two streams of audio at once, but one is at -20db. If it detects clipping it normalizes the -20db audio stream and inserts it. I wouldn't always want this because it would cut recording time, but I could see it coming in handy for live use especially with the looper.
King Koopa
Soundcloud
Trinity SH101 Juno6 JX3P cs10 NM1 Z1 K5000s MB33II Ipad3 MicroQ TX81z DX200 WS/AD VZ8m XD5 DP4 Gtrz
Two already mentioned requests that need propping up...

1. Scenes for midi. I don't really understand the 'midi overload' thing.
Reason: We can already have 80(10x8 tracks) assignable midi cc's p-locked + pitch/note/envelope + arp + 24 lfo's going out of one midi cable for the midi machines alone. Midi Scenes would seemingly just override these parameters with different settings, not additional data.

2. Said before in relation to all Elektron machines, but broken records die hard...

"Live recording of patterns/mutes/scenes/scene position/parameters into Arranger" with ability to then go back in & tweak.... in lieu of this then just 'scene position' (between 0-127) option in the arranger. The beauty of scenes is in the variation between the lines.
Go to top Post Reply