As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT feature requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT feature requests
Chain Chomp
Re:OT feature requests 12 Years ago
de Haan wrote:
Tyrone wrote:
lostinthemanual wrote:
little thing close to what we allready have, but would have good impact

FB-pitchdelay
= the pitchshift incorporated into the feedback path
also FB-filterdelay

+1 for this and a few more fx algorithms in general ...

e.g.

vocoder
reverse delay

+ 1
A vocoder fx could be a really cool tool for making two tracks interact - e.g. using a synth track as the carrier and a drum track as the modulator.

Side chain compression would also be a nice tool for making tracks interact...
I wouldn't be super surprised if we get an option to route any tracks trigs to other tracks effects or parameters. I mean, I'd rather have track 1 ramp down the volume (or anything!) on another track than straight up side chaining.
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
+1 to the vocoder

My ideas:

- Maybe some overdrive Fx, additional to the LOFI Fx?

-additional CUE Functions:
Option to route the CUE signal as 2x Mono to the CUE out instead of one stereo pair. So it would be able to use it as two "sends" in conjunction with a small mixer and some fx pedals.
Additionally mapping the CUE funktions to the fader would be great.

Just my 2cents.

Best wishes from Berlin!
Yoshi
Look at my stuff, and help me obtain my burger
Clips and videos
i wish you had
"the sub-bus" machine... kinda like a neighboor machine in combi with cue..

have a machine.. that plays static samples.. not to cue.. not to main.. but to "the bus"
it should be useable like a static-machine.. but.. if i want to hear something
i need a "thru" machine to hear it.. this way i should be able to send multiple tracks
to 1 track...so i can sample it.. seperate from the rest..

as in track 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 to bus... on track 5 have thrumachine.. playing the bus output..
have a neighbour machine on track 6 and 7.. and use track 8 as the mastertrack..
supertwistable sounds
Game & Watch
Some great ideas in here but some of this stuff would make the complex machine more complex.

I'd quite like the PARTS to work the same way the KITS do in the MD and MnM and be independent from the patterns and banks.
Yoshi
Was jsut discussing the Octatrack on email, thought I'd add what I said there, here as well...

My main wants are:

- Crossfader sending midi CC's (which is not impossible)
- Polyphonic tracks. Each track is a monophonic (1 voice) stereo track, so samples cut off.
- Having mutes/solos ala RM1x/RS7000 (which is doable)
- Being able to import midi files (which is doable. they actually suggested buying another midi sequencer to do this when I asked if it would be implemented)

If it could do the above four, I'd probably be a very happy camper, and it would be perfect for me / an awesome as fuck sequencer that really could be the hub of a live rig / studio.

Having part/pattern scenario, ala MD's kit/pattern would also be awesome, rather then the current part setup.

Alas, don't think it will ever do any of the above.
Goomba
Polyphonic is a constantly recurring theme... however, I suspect that this is technically impossible for the STATIC slots.

I would appreciate duophonic... FLEX slots. Exactly so that samples are not cutoff immediately upon retrigger.
Killer Beez
køns wrote:
Polyphonic is a constantly recurring theme... however, I suspect that this is technically impossible for the STATIC slots.

I don't see why. It would involve streaming more than one file at a time from the card, which the OT already does. I could see it maybe being an issue if there were 8 static tracks doing "poly mode" at once but saying that if streaming 8 24 bit "static" audio files at once is a theoretical maximum, it should be possible to have a "duophonic mode on one track so long as at least one other track is occupied by a flex or neighbor machine.
As far as Flex slots go, I really don't get the monophonic limitation. Seems like a choice by design, not by necessity. The OT ought have the processing power to make poly easily enough possible, even if only a limited global number of extra voices for all tracks combined.
Fingers crossed we see a "poly machine" roll out at some point.
Goomba
True... good point about the 8 tracks theoretical maximum...

So maybe the limitation lies elsewhere, and not with the OTs ability to stream data either from the internal Ram or Flash card. Lets suppose you were to have duophony: Would a second voice trigger, involve more than starting another stream of the sample data from Ram/Flash card?. What about processing any potential transposition or time-stretching data. What about the amplitude envelope, the track would have to 'process' another envelope. What about the LFO's would they be shared by the voices or, would they be individual. If the LFOs are individual then how would that work with modulation of the values in the 2 FX slots?? And then we get to the crux of the matter; if using one FX slot as a traditional filter then a second trigger would require the 'processing' of an extra filter...
Maybe the OCta just simply does not have enough processing power to have more than 8 'voices' even though it could stream more than 8 data streams.

Personally at least I would enjoy if possible; poly-voice retriggering with separate 'VCA's and shared LFO and filter etc. in much the style of some early analog synths... Like a string machine you could play chords that would be routed through the same LFO and filter.

Or maybe it is simply a design decision and one blessed day we will achieve polyphony.
Boo
N_Rain wrote:
køns wrote:

Fingers crossed we see a "poly machine" roll out at some point.

Been hoping for this as well.. i'm guessing the easiest solution would be something like the ENSemble machines on the MonoMachine which would allow you to just play multiple instances of a single sample at various pitches, through the track's Envelope, Filter etc..

I would also love true polyphonic tracks (i.e. the ability to bounce two existing tracks into a single track) but i'm struggling to think how you could gracefully handle editing of the trigs, it could start to get mindblowingly complex pretty quickly.. on top of something that's pretty complex already
This is simple:

Make the volume knob control the master volume. It seems silly that it wouldn't! At least have an option for that.
Go to top Post Reply