As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT feature requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT feature requests
Goomba
Re:OT feature requests 12 Years, 3 Months ago
the dreammer wrote:
Markboombastic ->

could be me, but if you do not record the incoming signal.. but record the track itself..
if you record incomming signal = without processing
if you record track = signal of track (what you hear)

like on a traditional sampler... incomming sound = sample... internal sound (with effects) is called resampling..

editted.. quoting went horribly wrong

if i get you right you want to resample... what i would like to see is that flexmachines would behave like thru machines - so you can allready process the incoming sound and sample it on a state you like it (but its recorded dry in the recorder) and go on after sampling with mangeling...

or i can live with the possibility i wrote before... that i can set my playtrigs before and record without having a doubled signal..but with the possibility of hearing what comes in on the main out...
it is important for me because i work live with an empty octatrack as a sampler/looper/mangeler for processibg my human beatbox and make songs from zero...

this machine a bomb! (never say this on an airport!)
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
and... trig grouping would be cool!

(all triglesstrigs for example on an pattern... so you can mangle at the same time.... without touching the playtrigs...)

i ment "this machine is a bomb - never say this on an airport!"
Killer Beez
Sure this has been mentioned before.. a per track setting to retain parameter locks when disabling a trig would be an excellent addition for live jamming of sequencer steps. Right now I don't even bother cause as soon as a trig is disabled, all the parameter locks are lost.. IMO this one feature could unlock (no pun) a lot of live playability of the OT.

Some usage examples would be:
-specific trigs with mad modulations for transition sounds etc.
-trigs locked to specific samples to bring in and out on the fly
-quickly bring in and out sections of sliced loops
-lots of finger ninja oportunites ..
-less staring at the OT waiting for the right time to move the crossfader
More LFOs
Why not as an assignable effect = 3 or 6 more LFOs per tracks !
Chain Chomp
N_Rain wrote:
Sure this has been mentioned before.. a per track setting to retain parameter locks when disabling a trig would be an excellent addition for live jamming of sequencer steps. Right now I don't even bother cause as soon as a trig is disabled, all the parameter locks are lost.. IMO this one feature could unlock (no pun) a lot of live playability of the OT.

Some usage examples would be:
-specific trigs with mad modulations for transition sounds etc.
-trigs locked to specific samples to bring in and out on the fly
-quickly bring in and out sections of sliced loops
-lots of finger ninja oportunites ..
-less staring at the OT waiting for the right time to move the crossfader

What about one shot trigs?
Don't they fit for the above tricks.
I think they do with the exception for the:
"specific trigs with mad modulations for transition sounds etc.".
It can be done but you have to ensure that the sample that has been triggered for the specific track will continue to play seamleasly when you activate the oneshots. This can happen if you have a sliced sample trigged throughout the track and the length set to max. Perform any crazy manipulations to certain trigs and turn them off by making them oneshots.
by using the arm buttom from OT or via midi you can do the trick.
Goomba
This has probably been mentioned somewhere in this 58 (and counting!) page thread- I didn't look through them all, but...

it would be REALLY nice to have play directions other than forward for the tracks. Reverse (DOWN), back and forth (CYCLE), shuffle, and random at least. It's in the arpeggiator, so why not for track playback?
Chain Chomp
Knights Who Say Neve wrote:
This has probably been mentioned somewhere in this 58 (and counting!) page thread- I didn't look through them all, but...

it would be REALLY nice to have play directions other than forward for the tracks. Reverse (DOWN), back and forth (CYCLE), shuffle, and random at least. It's in the arpeggiator, so why not for track playback?

+1
Independant looping of pages(bars) and customizable Loop start point of the sequence(Not only Loop end).

Also page copy is not wrking as someone would expect if there are arbitrary number of steps.
For EG if you have 14 steps then if you extend the pattern to 4 bars then steps should repeat every 14 steps and not every 16. Its a major drag to copy all the trigs every N number of steps. Definately needs to be implemented.
Chain Chomp
a "Persistent Thru" track type. this would simply be a Thru track that always retains it's settings when you are switching between patterns/parts. it would always place itself within the thru track on the next pattern and you would "lose" it if you switched to a pattern that had no thru track.

this would be nice for the live set i am working on. i have two dedicated tracks (7 and 8) set as thru tracks for the shruthi-1 and airbase99 on all patterns. not a huge deal as is and can be worked around but it would be very nice.
Goomba
Full DAW/VST integration / OctaDAW

I'd love the OT to be able to run as a hardware controller / VST in a major DAW while maintaining its own hardware processing, or to have its own DAW environment on Mac/PC. Not only for project bouncing but for complex arrangements as well. The OT works very rapidly for quickly laying out a basic project but to arrange full projects is another cup of tea.

The advantages of the OT as compared to regular DAWs are well-known in this community, but a DAW's arrangement view greatly outperforms the OT's. Minimal / acid / gabber projects for example don't alternate a lot, but in electro / progressive projects a lot of twists and turns are going on that are (at least for me at this point) very hard to achieve using the current OT arranger.

An Access Virus TI-2 for example runs in the same way: as a hardware synth while at the same time being able to run as a VST (hardware controller) with audio bouncing.
Goomba
~486
'pioneer of the 4-bit bump'
http://the486kid.com
Partners with http://teknomadix.com
Member of http://monochrm.com
Works at http://bassmobile.org
I am always bitching over this one.
Octatrack needs more LOOP options, ie ping pong, reverse, x-fade!

Octatrack needs to have Core MIDI support. I was amazed to see a friend recently plug his Teenage Engineering OP-1 directly via usb cables and a camera adapter to his I-pad and instant MIDI communication was established from the OP-1's onboard sequencer to his KORD iMS-20 synth app. Soon he was triggering the amazing sounds from the iPad Korg app, and sampling them back into the OP-1, creating a Tungt-beats n bass track.

Come on Elektron!!
Go to top Post Reply