As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: New OT Lab
Game & Watch
Re:New OT Lab 12 Years, 1 Month ago
'No I cannot its serious because it is very important piece'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL6NY5lfBAg
  The topic has been locked.
Boo
Yeah, I'm still working. It was a misunderstanding for sure. I assumed that a Sampler science lab would want to focus on interesting sampling and resampling to get results.

If you use the comb filter, delay with feedback, retrigger, and filters with high Q values, then all you're really doing is Karplus-Strong or waveguide synthesis and that's less interesting to me in this context.

I mean - load up 4 tracks with 8 comb filters and you can p-lock an orchestra, but where's the challenge in that?

I've been working based on resampling and stretching, etc. So far, I haven't used the comb filter, tuned delay or tuned retriggering.
^^Does this mean you're a 'purist'?
King Koopa
machinedrum sps-1 mkI
monomachine mkII
octatrack Dps-1
2x roland jx3p
roland spd-s
korg prophecy
microkorg
crumar Ds2
crumar bit one
yamaha su-10
EV-
Game & Watch
oldgearguy wrote:
Yeah, I'm still working. It was a misunderstanding for sure. I assumed that a Sampler science lab would want to focus on interesting sampling and resampling to get results.

Yes, sorry for the confusion, next time the rules will be clearer.

If you use the comb filter, delay with feedback, retrigger, and filters with high Q values, then all you're really doing is Karplus-Strong or waveguide synthesis and that's less interesting to me in this context.

I actually do find this quite interesting, some of the guys entries posted have employed these techniques and I think they sound great.

So far, I haven't used the comb filter, tuned delay or tuned retriggering.

Same here, but nonetheless don't rule it out as it can be a source of some interesting stuff.

I mean - load up 4 tracks with 8 comb filters and you can p-lock an orchestra, but where's the challenge in that?

Were it so easy Besides I think the same thing could be said of any of the techniques that the OT has to offer, the point is what you do with it and the end result, technicalities are not very interesting on their own IMHO, the music that people make using them is though, right?
I did another one. Oddly I started out with the idea of doing a 'White Lines' remix

http://soundcloud.com/neilbaldwin/sometimes-you-eat-the-bar
King Koopa
machinedrum sps-1 mkI
monomachine mkII
octatrack Dps-1
2x roland jx3p
roland spd-s
korg prophecy
microkorg
crumar Ds2
crumar bit one
yamaha su-10
EV-
At Neill;
Nice chimes and that voice sound far in the back looks like a lady singin Cool timbala sounds !
I even hear a sort of digirido sounds great like it ! african beats
Game & Watch
Nice one Neil!
Game & Watch
Very hot in the studio, sun shining in, a lovely evening, 2 seconds of noise, a nice coffee and some oldschool house vibes.

http://soundcloud.com/darenager/the-simple-things-octatrack
Yoshi
Chaos of unstructured unthinking pattern switching!

Ooooof

http://soundcloud.com/capjuju/noise-science-lab-3

Matthew
Go to top Post Reply