As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: New OT Lab
Admin
tIB was here
Re:New OT Lab 12 Years ago
neilbaldwin wrote:

I know Andy did some stuff where he was live-resampling tracks to make chords (or at least he intended too, which is quite a smart idea) and that, I'd argue, is still within the 'rules'

Not quite- my resampling was of the master track just for a bit of extra mangling. My chord play was a duplicate noise track, shorter in length with the RTIM tweaked for harmony... a 7 step pattern playing over an 8 step pattern.

I intend to do that again soon sequencing the modular... I think there is fun to be had with 3 note evolving chord patterns that dont repeat for ages.
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
Actually, you know what Neil I think you make a very good point there, and I agree 100% for this lab the sample should just be the white noise. Recorder machines used in the manner described are fine IMHO and not outside of the rules.

'labwhtnoise' or it didn't happen
Boo
darenager wrote:
Actually, you know what Neil I think you make a very good point there, and I agree 100% for this lab the sample should just be the white noise. Recorder machines used in the manner described are fine IMHO and not outside of the rules.

oh well - I guess I can stop working on this lab then.

(looking at the flex sample slots full of resampled info)
Yoshi
oldgearguy wrote:
darenager wrote:

Hey go for it anyway - we did agree on re-sampling earlier in the thread. Next challenge will no doubt make all criteria more defined.
Game & Watch
Yeah, still post it anyway.

Resampling can be taken to mean using recorder machines to add polyphony (which is considered ok) or resampling the noise to repitch etc (not ok) but since this was not clearly defined and you have already started it seems a waste to not participate.
Didn't mean it to cause argument or spoil anyone's efforts
Game & Watch
Its all good in the hood!
King Koopa
MPC 2500
MonoMachine mk2+
Octatrack
Fizmo Rack
Korg 707
Dark Energy
Mackie Onyx 1640i
2 * Pandora PX4
Korg KP 3
Art TCS
Valley People Dynamite
oldgearguy wrote:
darenager wrote:

makes the two of us

(read the rest of the topic... )

But I want to point out it is very easy to (mis)use the RTRIG function as an oscillator.
I wanted to make a sample loop with a length of 5 cycles. no can do!
Octa is limited to 65 sample loops minimum.

.R
Admin
tIB was here
robbie and gearguy dont let scroogebaldwin put you off- Id love to hear what can be done in that way. Take it free and easy, we can establish more fixed rules next time. Go forth!
tIB wrote:
robbie and gearguy dont let scroogebaldwin put you off- Id love to hear what can be done in that way. Take it free and easy, we can establish more fixed rules next time. Go forth!

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam..."

"...mark it zero..."
Go to top Post Reply