As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:Elektron boxes in sync with Ableton Live (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Elektron boxes in sync with Ableton Live
Hammer Bro
Re:Elektron boxes in sync with Ableton Live 12 Years, 3 Months ago
Please let me ask my question again to the OP : "is there anything bothering you, beside the fact that you can see the tempo indicator jittering ?"
  The topic has been locked.
Yoshi
Look at my stuff, and help me obtain my burger
Clips and videos
Not sure if its midi-jitter and all that.. but currently i am trying to sync the octatrack with a vs2400-recorder. if the midi-clock jitters just after a recording-trig that is combined with a playtrig
(thus playing the sample,your sampling) somehow the octatrack looses position and plays outside its buffer.. resulting in verry shitty static noise..

did not test it enough to actually say i know.. but hmm i assume for the moment, its because of non-perfect sync
Chain Chomp
ties wrote:
as mentioned before:
For perfect syncing your DAW with hardware:
SyncLock from www.innerclock.com is the answer!
supertight clock from any system with two spare audio-outs (1 for the clock and the second for transport) ingenius and bulletproof system, my soft and hardware become 1 (one) 'thing' !

I use it all the time, after years of frustration in trying to sync my mac with my elektron boxes and other gear, this is the solution, I can record, listen, playback and all is 100% in time and sounds the same!

^ +1 This is a great product and I highly recommend!
Cappy
chapelier fou wrote:
Please let me ask my question again to the OP : "is there anything bothering you, beside the fact that you can see the tempo indicator jittering ?"

Hey chapelier
I did a simple test using the metronome in Live and put a rimshot on every quarter note on the MD and it sounds thigh (with -6 ms compensation on Lives master ch), So in that sense everything is fine.
Re:Elektron boxes in sync with Ableton Live 11 Years, 2 Months ago
I'm also experiencing this problem, but found a quick fix - "track delay" in Ableton Live. This is not really a good fix when coming to recording, because I still need to edit the recordings, so that everything really is in sync after recording. But, it works when playing live!

To bad this is a problem though! And if it's a known problem, somebody should have made a deal with ex. Inner Clock, so that it came with the box!

Anyway, love the A4 machine !
Go to top Post Reply