As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox Monomachine arpeggiator - why can't i figure this out? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Monomachine arpeggiator - why can't i figure this out?
Goomba
Monomachine arpeggiator - why can't i figure this out? 12 Years, 3 Months ago
Hey there users -

Would somebody please help me understand how to get the arpeggiator to function? I must be doing something wrong, and the manual seems vague to me. Some sort of step-by-step would be really, really appreciated.

Here's what I'm doing, which doesn't seem to be working:

1. Program a chord in grid mode: I'm doing this on step 1, and doing so by holding the trig key, using the side arrows to select a note, then pressing the down arrow to enter a second and third note on the same trig.

2. Put the machine in arp mode: I select add or sid usually, and make the other choices (speed etc).

3. Scratch my head and wonder where is my arpeggio!

I can get results by programming the arpeggio using offsets alone, but this isn't right. Also, when I do it this way, the arp direction (cycle, up, down, rnd) seems to have no effect.

It shouldn't be this complicated...what am I missing?

Thank you!
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
http://steamboatcoat.com/
http://soundcloud.com/steamboat-ian
monomachine mkii
tetra
sp606
biscuit
plugins
Re:Monomachine arpeggiator - why can't i figure this out? 12 Years, 3 Months ago
Did you try putting it on the key setting? Also, did you put triggers down in the arp window? By default there are 8 triggers down.

There have been times I couldn't hear the arpeggio but that was because I had either no triggers, or the type of arpeggio I had down wasn't triggering it how I wanted it to.
Goomba
Re:Monomachine arpeggiator - why can't i figure this out? 12 Years, 3 Months ago
Yeah, I make sure there are green lights lined up in arp mode. The only other trigger I've got is a trig on step 1 in grid recording mode. And I've tried this with key arp as well.
on SID mode, you need 2 notes in one trig to start the arp
Game & Watch
In Arp mode - red trig is note on, green is note off, so if they're all green -> all notes off.
Goomba
emnine wrote:
In Arp mode - red trig is note on, green is note off, so if they're all green -> all notes off.

You don't say...

Thanks emnine, what a silly oversight!
Killer Beez
3 brown dogs barking at each other....
emnine wrote:

It's the opposite way around isn't it?.... Green means on.
Killer Beez
^ In my head anyway. Haha. I'm probably wrong now I've said that.

Red almost always means stop/off/no/end and green go/yes etc.
Goomba
PlayRecords wrote:
emnine wrote:

It's the opposite way around.... Green means on.

That's what I thought...checked the manual again, you are correct.

I've got more than one note on a single trig (hold trig, enter note, press down arrow, enter note, etc). That trig is on. Arp trigs all green. That should be enough for any arp type, right?
Killer Beez
Anything to do with the note length?

Also Are you sequencing internal or external? If its External you need also place trigs on the audio Chanel your using to make the AMP work.
Go to top Post Reply