As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ
Cappy
Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ 13 Years ago
step 1 - plug in via usb
step 2 - activate on ot, usb mode
step 3 - wait for windows to detect
step 4 - after detection, open the cf card / ot directory in 'my computer'.
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ 12 Years, 11 Months ago
What's the difference between the QUICK ASSIGN or PLAYBACK SETUP menue?

Sorry if it's been asked before?
Boo
I'm singing in the brain
what a glorious feelin'
I'm happy again
Let the sine clouds chase
Everyone from the place
I've waves on my face
Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ 12 Years, 11 Months ago
guys...

i noticed when i loaded a very short bass drum sample to flex machine that
i really can't timestretch it as i please because when i'm in the audio editor menu
it always shows the original tempo as: 300 and the trim/loop lenght as some ridiculously tiny value like: 0.02
so when i try to stretch this bastard it always ends up: tempo is 300 and won't go further and the stretch does nothing to the sound even as the menu allows me to put the trim length to 1-20 and so on (from 0.02 there should be a huge difference)

curiously i found out that if i don't trim the bass drum from the original sample then it let's me stretch it to a ridiculous degree but only as a slice of a much longer beat (which, understandably, is detected having an original tempo of 105 or so - so it actually let's me triple the length (from tempo:100 to tempo:300) of the individual slice when i do it manually using the rate (as TSRT) parameter locks.
Cappy
OT Lo-Fi oddities 12 Years, 11 Months ago
This thread doesn't seem to be very active, but I didn't want to make a new one, so here it goes:

The amplitude modulation frequency on the Lo-Fi effect acts strangely... starting at 0, the frequency increases until you reach 8, which is even slower than 0. Then it gets faster again until you reach 17, where it slows to a speed that seems to be between the 12 & 13 setting. From there it seems to have somewhat erratic behavior. I'm not sure if this was intentional... if it is I'd like to know the reasoning behind it.
Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ 12 Years, 9 Months ago
Octatrack not booting up???
This seems like a new problem of the latest OS 1.1. Just reboot your machine with function button being held to enter the start up menu. Choose Empty Reset and things should be fine from there.
Save your restore points often.

Update
My machine is now needing to do a reset 3 times in the last day or so. Hopefully this can get fixed asap.
Goomba
Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ 12 Years, 7 Months ago
Has this been fixed in 1.02, I've been having the same problem...
For me, the Problem seems to be fixed.

If you have the boot Problem, have you tried to boot up in Demo mode (plug the card out) and after that, insert card and load your project again? No need for an empty reset...
King Koopa
Soundcloud
Trinity SH101 Juno6 JX3P cs10 NM1 Z1 K5000s MB33II Ipad3 MicroQ TX81z DX200 WS/AD VZ8m XD5 DP4 Gtrz
I have been having blank screen on boot up problems over the last 2-3 weeks, and used the 'remove card and boot in demo mode, restart and load set/project' method along with saving backup points and syncing to card often.

After updating to OS 1.02 I my problems have been resolved (so far fingers x'd).
Recommend trying that option asap.
Goomba
Unfortunately I did try the demo mode fix and it didn't work... I had to do a full reset and lost a lot of work. Updating to 1.02 has fixed the problem, but I'm still getting random crashes... Am I the only one finding this machine extremely unstable? I wouldn't be happy to play out with it at the moment, and its been out a year now, so I'd expect it to be a bit better. I was hardly an early adopter...

My latest issue is that when I was slicing up a track (whole track for sampling) the machine froze and I had to reboot it. When I restarted it, it still had all the slice points etc, but somehow seems to be playing each one as a really short glitchy loop? It doesn't do that if I move the level knob when the sample is starting, but I can't work out how to stop this behaviour. I've tried deleting those slice points affected, but when I create a new one in the same spot, it does the same thing :/

[EDIT] Now its doing it to all my wav files when I try to slice them... must be user error but I can't work out how to fix it.
Do you have Loop set to on/auto? Try to set Loop to no, maybe it helps...
Go to top Post Reply