As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ
Admin
OT, MD-UW Mk2, SFX-60 Mk2, SFX-6
scottkellogg.com
Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ 13 Years, 1 Month ago
Not that I know of.
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ 13 Years ago
[wanted to delete this post to simplify, cant find out where that is. sorry folks]
Goomba
for fun i just created a code.google.com project page so we can capture issues there. thought it might help?

http://code.google.com/p/octatrack/

it's setup so anyone can post an issue there. now we just need an email relay to send the issues to support@elektron.se. I tried adding the address to the "Cc" list on the issue report, but since they're not registered on google.com it doesnt let me do it.
Goomba
just went through the thread and added 19 issues I found there. hopefully people find that helpful. everyone of course is welcome to contribute or make suggestions. happy to make any adjustments to the issue tracker for consistent tracking, if anyone wants admin access too just msg me

http://code.google.com/p/octatrack/issues/list
Bathrobe wrote:
echopraxia wrote:
Has anyone loaded a women's vocal sample and pitched it as low as it can go in the OT?

without altering the tempo one can lower/raise the pitch by an octave.

not quite sure if it's only my OT that does this, but the "rate" parameter can be set to alter pitch, effectively allowing you to bring said pitch to "0"..at which point the sample actually stops..which makes sense.

Surely, i'm not the only one who has noticed this feature?

However, pitching up is only available as an octave range. My solution up till now has been to play things usually higher than normal. Then pitching them down if needed.
Or resampling.

BTW, i'm not sure what the big deal about resampling is. You don't want to resample?? Isn't that what a sampler DOES??
Goomba
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say thanks to all you Beta Testers.

Youre doing a great job

Cheers
King Koopa
machinedrum sps-1 mkI
monomachine mkII
octatrack Dps-1
2x roland jx3p
roland spd-s
korg prophecy
microkorg
crumar Ds2
crumar bit one
yamaha su-10
EV-
i played around with bobbie gentry voice do
totally spaced me out

http://soundcloud.com/storm-op-de-maan/bobb
Cappy
Octatrack
save attribute works only by recordet audio ?

actually i dont know how i can save a tempo of an imported audiofile permanently or global.
if i set the real bpm manually, it is only in the project available.
if i erase the sample from project i must set the right bpm of the sample manually again.

i read about saving trim or attributes, but the discription was only for internal recordet audio.

another question is the filesize in static machine.
anybody knows about the max. of the filesize that is working.
at 0.99E the tracks with 8 or more minutes 16bit44.1 stereo didnt work on static.
on 0.998b now there is an helpfull smily who shows that the file is not supported (flex m.).

FX trick question:
roll or flam, anybody knows how i can make this drummer articulation without an controller like
the korg nanopad ?
i think it's a nice feature, but its cooler if i can make this fx only with the OT

updating the OS: its always a colorflashtrip to look how the LED lightening.
Cappy
heya.

I'm having trouble with Windows (XP Service Pack 3) when i try to connect with "Enable USB disk". When i try to open the compact flash I get the message "Please insert disk into drive..." .
I"ve already tried assigning it a different drive letter and that doesn't seem to work.

Advice?

EDIT: Nevermind. I have a mac! (forgot. got excited!) It would be good though if someone knew how to fix this for Windows users.
(edit: removed post, as it was a case of me not RTFM properly)
Go to top Post Reply