As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ
Goomba
Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ 13 Years, 1 Month ago
Hi everyone!

I just got my Octatrack today. I have spent several hours trying to hear at least any sound using headphones output - but failed. Did everything according to manual - chapter "quick start"
The button FUNCTION does not react to any manipulation.

Ok, this the first product from Elektron I have, but I can not be that stupid not to start it using a manual)) What is the trick? How to enter main menue?

I tryed to connect it with Cubase 5 using midi cables - also failed.

I feel so disappointed with the device that want to through it out and forget))

Can anyone help me with basic start up? I can not hear playback and can not enter main menue. I ran through a selftesting procedure (pressed FUNCTION during switch on) - everything is ok with device.
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
did you mount the preset set?
think that caught a few people out at the start,
the function key works in combination with other keys.
dont bother trying it with cubase yet, midi isnt fully implemented yet!
just take your time, theres a lot to learn for you here , be patient.
Im sure its that you havent mounted a set yet,
try that!
Goomba
Yeeehhp, thanx for advice! I found the way to start working this crazy machine))

One thing is REALLY inconvinient - the way you import/export sound samples via flash-card...really annoying procedure to inject and re-inject the card all the time...baaad.
Killer Beez
in windows 7 to remount the card you do not need to eject the card each time but you do need to unplug and replug the USB cable
the card mounts directly from the octatrack.
function + bank, system > enable usb disk.
make sure to eject the card-image from yr computers desktop when yr done transfering sample. when you eject it the octatrack will rescan the card and give u access to all the new samples. you don't need to remove the USB cable from the octa or the comp-- if you do, a msg will appear on the octa saying "usb removed" but this will not interrupt playback whatsoever.
Killer Beez
Well in my system, if I want to remount the CF card on the computer after "safely removing" the card from the computer, I need to unplug and replug the USB. I suppose it must be different for different OS?
gurulogic wrote:
Well in my system, if I want to remount the CF card on the computer after "safely removing" the card from the computer, I need to unplug and replug the USB. I suppose it must be different for different OS?

i dunno, im using mac os x 10.6.something and i can remount the octa over and over via function+bank/system/enable usb.
Cappy
0.99e
Sampling at lower then 95 BPM creates 1/2 time recordings. Example = a one bar 90 bpm recording shows up as a 2 bar 180 bpm & plays 1/2 time.

Aha! I was searching the forums to see if anyone else had experienced this.

I can confirm this behavior in 0.995C as well.

Has this been sent to Elektron?
Cappy
It has now.
They are looking into the issue.
Goomba
octaprick
Is there a way to make p-locks functional only in one scene and ignored in the other?
Go to top Post Reply