As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ
Goomba
DOPE WITHOUT DRUGS
Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ 13 Years, 1 Month ago
Hi All,

I want to start learning octatrack today but it seems after i installed 0.99e, all those demo songs/presets are gone? im now stuck at playing demo's at the manual, please help!

Regards,
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
0.99e
Sampling at lower then 95 BPM creates 1/2 time recordings. Example = a one bar 90 bpm recording shows up as a 2 bar 180 bpm & plays 1/2 time.
Cappy
Looking for an answer. Can OT only pitch its samples up one octave and down one octave? According to the manual this is true.This seems very limiting to me.

Also is each track monophonic? So you can't have a cymbal crash decay in a drum kit type setup? Or do chords for string samples?
Chain Chomp
Glitch.. yawn.
echopraxia wrote:
Looking for an answer. Can OT only pitch its samples up one octave and down one octave? According to the manual this is true.This seems very limiting to me.

Also is each track monophonic? So you can't have a cymbal crash decay in a drum kit type setup? Or do chords for string samples?

well can't you obviously pitch it - save the sample and repitch?
Cappy
Well' I ma sure you can do that but that would just mean more time to do things that shouldn't be necessary and have a bunch of extra samples floating around in your audio pool. I can see this getting old quick. Has anyone loaded a women's vocal sample and pitched it as low as it can go in the OT? Does it sound like a gay dude? Or can it go to sub harmonic levels? This was my real question.
Goomba
0.99E
Sampling stops short of the full amount of REC steps. You have to sample at-least one step longer then your pattern to have a seamless loop.
Chain Chomp
echopraxia wrote:
Has anyone loaded a women's vocal sample and pitched it as low as it can go in the OT?

without altering the tempo one can lower/raise the pitch by an octave.
Cappy

without altering the tempo one can lower/raise the pitch by an octave.

So in other words you can pitch down farther than a octave but rhythmically it will stink?
Killer Beez
This is getting way off topic for this thread and should get it's own thread if continuing, but I don't see any reason you couldn't resample repeatedly between two ram recorder slots loaded into flex machines repeatedly, each time lowering the audio one octave.
Chain Chomp
Glitch.. yawn.
Repitching anything beyond an octave always sounds crap and should be banned from all audio processors, not just the octatrack
Go to top Post Reply