As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ
OT Beta Team
Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ 13 Years, 2 Months ago
Daim wrote:
Just lost a complete pattern including triggers, scenes, machines.. just everything after powering off..... I saved a part several times before and then switched to another bank.

Now the bank which did hold the pattern is .. empty. It's like this pattern was a dream that just never will be back.

I've experienced this only when switching the number of steps per track or pattern.... The pattern is reset to super short samples ... Oh well, it's still beta ...
  The topic has been locked.
MK7
Killer Beez
RayReadyRay wrote:
I get a pop at the beginning of playback on samples recorded with triggers. I could also use an explanation on the best method for sampling.

go to the trim menu and use function+knob to adjust the start point (zero-crossing detection)
King Koopa
machinedrum sps-1 mkI
monomachine mkII
octatrack Dps-1
2x roland jx3p
roland spd-s
korg prophecy
microkorg
crumar Ds2
crumar bit one
yamaha su-10
EV-
slice function and knobs confusing and solution OS 0.99E 13 Years, 2 Months ago
about the wav/aiff slices function OS 0.99E
(with use of the flex machine)

i made 32 slices from a vocal track
Now I want to change the start point of the 1e slice sample !
in order I want to select the words inside the sample and trigger the words per step

I've go tthe phrase :
vampires chrushing zombies as i walk trough your street .
if I play the sample it doesnt flow perfect because of the vocal not being straight on time
it does have timestretch /tempo and the sample responds to it
that s not the problem and works but
I want to change the first,second ,third step right. with words per step
so i took slice 1 selected by what has now been changed in the slice selector (knob b)
instead of startpoint knob (b)
and i start to select the word vampires by going to amp section and play with hold release which shorten the sample
Now in normal flex mode i can indeed select the words by choosing the start point knob (b) together with hold function and edit the phrase per step which results in a good phrase.

now the problem that i find difficult to cope with is the fact that
that they re-assign the startpoint of a sample with the slice selector (if you work with slices with the flex machine ) this is really confusing
i can understand its a simple solution but t doesnt work on long term
and most important I loose the ability to change the start point of my samples !

in my opinion:
these are 2 different functions one selects slices the other chooses the start point
of these slices right ? (or i think it suppossed to be working like this)
it is just crazy to take one great function away when you need it the most
making your samples flow in to each other which is pretty handy
now when you work with the slice function i think it would be lots better if the funtion got his own knob besides the start point knob(b) say make it (slic) knob (c) when you work with slice funtion (on) it should just pop up as a extra knob not replacing it

please i hope some of elektron will read this and change this in a next update it will make the workflow so much easier +you can fine tune your slices per step
in order:
if you use slice function 1/64 slices are made with fixed start/loop/end points
if we had the startpoint selector next to it you could say this will change the start point of the sample on a non destructive way in grid mode making it possible to fine tune your slices with the turn on a knob
meaning it will not affect the original start/loop/end points from each slice you made

i dont know if someone already wrote this and if i am wrong so please tell me if this is already functioning in a other way because i cant find it with the slice function on

and anyone who knows me and thinks this is not possible then again Tell me how it works because this thing is so fucking amazing it is the best machine i had so far and i even dare to say (I am Totally enslaved to my MD mk 1 and non could convince me there was a better device ever)
I think its the best machine elektron made so far
I had many devices before this But wow it is truly a dream device
ow and admin/mod if this is not the best place for this place it in a other thread then please do so
Cappy
Hi,

I accidentally deleted a whole pattern, so I tried to undo this by pressing Function+Play.
Undoing does not seem to work on my OT.

The same goes for the Track page copy.
Pressing Pattern+Record should do the job according to the manual.
OT Beta Team
Yeah losing patterns is a bummer, I lost bank p(16) once. All I can recall was I was changing the global pattern length or something along those lines, then after turning the unit off, when I turned in on, p bank was empty, will try to do reproduce this again ...
Chain Chomp
jonajona wrote:
yes.. but it is not working...

I get the same problem. I set the master track length to my original 32. When I try to expand a track length from 32 to 64, the four lights light up but the sequencer never goes to the 3rd or 4th of that track.
Goomba
octaprick
First time poster, g'night to you all.

I've found nowhere in this forum two simple issues that I face every time I turn the OT on. 0.99E running.

The INF value on the Master Length parameter is nowhere to be found - and is quite crucial to me. My stuff is mostly mathematical and sometimes you want a 59/64 and a 61/64 patterns to collide only after some years. Perhaps I'm missing the way to toggle it.

The Multiple settings on the LFOs are not stored when you save a project. Their values are displayed on the screen after reloading it, but their settings are not applied and thus inaudible. Changing them back and forth does the trick.

I've not told Elektron yet, I'll probably do if no-one has effectively reported the above.

Thx
I think i mentioned about the LFO, but to be honest, i am sure they are aware of most of the issues.
Hammer Bro
Yeah, I noticed that too about the LFO. Changing the LFO speed multiplier parameter back and forth in particular seems to fix that.
Chain Chomp
Glitch.. yawn.
Re:OT - answers sticky: PLEASE READ 13 Years, 1 Month ago
BUG: OS 0.99e - Reported.

In the arranger, if you have a title row then a loop row below it, this crashes the Octatrack.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eyJtgKM-w0
Go to top Post Reply