As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear OT: Drones and Pads techniques (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: OT: Drones and Pads techniques
Cappy
Re:OT: Drones and Pads techniques 12 Years, 3 Months ago
Oh you are gonna love it! Remember...a huge secret to droning is to resample the Space's output back into OT! Radical!!!
  The topic has been locked.
5id
Boo
MD UW+ OT
xoneDB4
RonF wrote:
Oh you are gonna love it! Remember...a huge secret to droning is to resample the Space's output back into OT! Radical!!!

Thank's man, as you say the OT and Eventide takes you to another universe !
Chain Chomp
Thank you, MrSysex!
Boo
I stumbled on a granular sounding set up on the octatrack today whole just improvising with my guitar..
I really have no idea what the OT is doing it just started to sound like Fennesz and Alvo Noto.. so i just went along with it.. guitar and Octatack, live sampling, looping nothing prerecorded.

http://soundcloud.com/anders-bergdahl/noise-interacts-with

as said i need to understand what it does but it most def is doing some sort of granular pad stuff..
I like these sounds a lot.. you may not
Cappy
Thats really cool!
JES
King Koopa
@Bergdahl -- super interesting. Did you just hit random locks or something to get it to freak out like that? Would love to know how you set it up for sampling, and how you're interacting with it between the guitar and the OT.

I play bass and am very keen to get things happening with a foot controller (maybe my KMI soft step if I can get my head around programming it for the OT and train it to behave with my very wide feet).
Boo
JES wrote:
@Bergdahl -- super interesting. Did you just hit random locks or something to get it to freak out like that? Would love to know how you set it up for sampling, and how you're interacting with it between the guitar and the OT.

I play bass and am very keen to get things happening with a foot controller (maybe my KMI soft step if I can get my head around programming it for the OT and train it to behave with my very wide feet).

For this the track that gets the granular thing happening is track set to record A + itself, i have a record trigger on 1 and a playback in one...
I had is set up for looping, no pitchshift or rate shift.. by mistake I set the rate to zero BUT i suppose it did no want to record itself at the wrong rate so it just played the grains a few times with echo on..
and i think some lofi stuff..(ohh and rate it sate NOT to pitch just slow down the digital way not the tape way..
then another track record that track in occasion and plays it back with pitch shift.
I just sad and expanded in the idea/mistake and some rather wild things can be achieved with resampling on other tracks with TRIGG pitch shifts and stuff

I dont ue mide yet i either have trigged sampling or trigg once, there is no need to play constantly since the OT can sound rather full by itself..
Scott wrote:
I'm getting mileage out of static several tracks of single-cycle waves with slow detune LFOs and lots of reverb. The comb filter adds great harmonic elements to the overall sound, and you can carve out where you want each voice to sit in the mix with filter and eq. Subtle panning LFO makes the pad a little more trippy.

Scott, about this..are you triggering the sample on each of the 16 steps and then setting a slow attack?
Chain Chomp
Bergdahl wrote:
I stumbled on a granular sounding set up on the octatrack today whole just improvising with my guitar...

Brilliant! This is such a great combination of looping and improvisation! Makes me wonder, what if Calexico ever took a trip way down south with a bag of peyote and the collected works of William Blake
I've been experimenting with my Olympus field recorder. Recording train / rain / traffic / lift Muzak at 96khz, putting the samples into ableton and dropping them down to -12 semitones using the texture algorithm and them sampling them into the OT using a bit of HP filter to knock off the bottom end. Also discovered that my Blofeld with highly overdriven filters,pitched down using the rate control = lo-fi love. I'd REALLY like to hear somebody using the same trick with a real analogue synth. Might have to start saving my money for a marriage-ending modular
Chain Chomp
Re:OT: Drones and Pads techniques 12 Years, 1 Month ago
I still have problems with things sounding like they are looping rather than continuously evolving. How to mitigate this?
Go to top Post Reply