As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Octatrack - Moving banks/parts between projects? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Octatrack - Moving banks/parts between projects?
Killer Beez
Re:Octatrack - Moving banks/parts between projects? 12 Years, 4 Months ago
One way to maybe speed things up a bit would be to save the source project to a new project, then mount the card on your computer and in the new copy replace all of the banks except the ones you want to transfer over with empty ones from a blank project then load the project, and purge all samples. Then you will have cleared all your sample slots except the ones that you need. This would make it easier to determine which samples need to be processed, especially if you have sample locks.
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
Soundcloud
Trinity SH101 Juno6 JX3P cs10 NM1 Z1 K5000s MB33II Ipad3 MicroQ TX81z DX200 WS/AD VZ8m XD5 DP4 Gtrz
I'll play around with things tonight once I do a solid backup and see how smoothly things go.
Luckily N_Rain, the source project only has the one bank with the song I want, so it's already 'purged'.

The first plan is to copy bank, & am hoping that copying parts will not overwrite existing sample slots in destination project (will find out). The main work is in the scenes & patterns so i don't mind having to reload the samples into slots & adding slices etc where necessary as long as scenes/pattern data is carried over.

At this point I am also 'feeling' the bank copy feature.
In an ideal world I envisage an operation where we can copy a part, & on pasting a dialog box comes up stating that the destination sample slots are used. It then allows user to place each sample in a destination slot manually, or maybe an option to place samples in the first free available slots. (or another option to overwrite).

Additionally a copy bank feature could include option to copy parts and/or patterns or one of either. Makes one process out of two.

Anyway a work around would be good enough at this point, & I will try to plan new songs on OT better in future.
Killer Beez
My ultimate dream for this would be a project mode in which each bank were limited to 16 static and 16 flex slots and each bank be treated like individual items in a playlist that could be browsed, selected and loaded with stopping the currently playing sequence. Bam!
Chain Chomp
Ozone wrote:

At this point I am also 'feeling' the bank copy feature.
In an ideal world I envisage an operation where we can copy a part, & on pasting a dialog box comes up stating that the destination sample slots are used. It then allows user to place each sample in a destination slot manually, or maybe an option to place samples in the first free available slots. (or another option to overwrite).

That's exactly what i would like to have as options.
Bank copy
1)Assign all samples used(even the p-locked ones)to the forst free available slots(according to their machine state and if not not enough slots populate the existing free slots in the machine that has abundance) or
2) Overwrite existing used slots or
3)choose which slots to overwrite if there are not enough free slots.

My RS7000 has this function when loading new projects(overwriting or assigning to free slots) and its more than 10 years old!

The copy bank function still is a no brainer for me.
At least we should have info for each sample slot in which patterns it is being used or a way to find out this info from hacking the project files.(maybe the markers file)
King Koopa
Soundcloud
Trinity SH101 Juno6 JX3P cs10 NM1 Z1 K5000s MB33II Ipad3 MicroQ TX81z DX200 WS/AD VZ8m XD5 DP4 Gtrz
Yes Kraftf, taking into account p-locked samples would be important for this function.
I'll send a request to the Mountain Top regarding this.

N_Rain that is a cool idea.
Thinking along those lines, if we could pre-load a project, using a 'project load slot' where the new slots are located, and jump to any pattern in any bank of the pre-loaded project, then problem would be solved in a way also. Maybe available memory & data transfer rates to/from the cf card would be a bottle neck then though.
Ozone wrote:

yes yes yes! exactly what i'd like too.
bank copy is really a must for the way I work with the octatrack my livesets consists of each bank being a track, bank copy would really help rearrange the order of my tracklist.
Boo
drum'n'noise: http://www.speakonion.com
NYC's wreckedest sounds: http://www.immigrantbreastnest.com
Audiolog wrote:
bank copy is really a must for the way I work with the octatrack my livesets consists of each bank being a track, bank copy would really help rearrange the order of my tracklist.

Strong agree, I hope it gets sorted one way or another.
Killer Beez
Audiolog wrote:

Reordering banks within a project is relatively easy. Just mount the CF on your computer or use the file browser on the OT and re-number the bank files (ie: bank01.strd, bank01.work, bank02.strd, bank02.work)

proper bank import is a must for me because I like to bring banks from different projects together to form a set instead of starting from scratch every time.
N_Rain wrote:

Reordering banks within a project is relatively easy. Just mount the CF on your computer or use the file browser on the OT and re-number the bank files (ie: bank01.strd, bank01.work, bank02.strd, bank02.work)

should have known this a couple of days ago , thanks.
Go to top Post Reply