As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear New OT use questions on samples per pattern and previewing (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: New OT use questions on samples per pattern and previewing
Admin
Re:New OT use questions on samples per pattern and previewing 12 Years, 5 Months ago
AikiGhost wrote:
Ok so that's really weird then because my OCTA will not let me select anything outside bank A. Maybe its and issue with my CF card or the project file?

I think I'll ty starting a completely new project and see if that makes any difference.

I think you have to select both bank and pattern? Bank first, then while you're holding the Bank button choose eg the first pattern on that bank? Not in front of my OT atm, so I might be wrong.
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
Gear Includes:
Elektron Analog 4
Elektron Monomachine
DSI Tempest
MPC 1000 (Custom)
Korg ESX1
Korg ER1
Various Monosynths
NI Maschine
Re:New OT use questions on samples per pattern and previewing 12 Years, 5 Months ago
Nils wrote:
AikiGhost wrote:
Ok so that's really weird then because my OCTA will not let me select anything outside bank A. Maybe its and issue with my CF card or the project file?

I think I'll ty starting a completely new project and see if that makes any difference.

I think you have to select both bank and pattern? Bank first, then while you're holding the Bank button choose eg the first pattern on that bank? Not in front of my OT atm, so I might be wrong.

Yes that's what you're supposed to do. But it quite simply doesn't work on my octa.

Basically I hold bank press B and the press A to select pattern 1 in bank B and after i let go of the keys I end up exactly where i was in one of the bank A patterns. The octa doesn't seem to be reacting as its supposed to.
Hero of Winds
OP-1 and Ableton Live (everything else is waiting for studio renovations...which are slow since I'm doing it)
Nils wrote:
AikiGhost wrote:

^ Yup, it's bank first ("CHOOSE BANK"), then pattern ("CHOOSE PATTERN") - all while you're holding down the bank key.
Chain Chomp
AikiGhost wrote:
Steril707 wrote:
AVAILABLE is kind of a bad wording. It just means, that patterns were already created in those banks, so they are not empty.
It's kind of an indicator when you are playing live for instance, where your stuff is lying around, so you don't have to search around. Same with patterns. It just shows you patterns where you have changed something as existing (green light on LED).

That doesn't mean that those patterns and banks don't exist where you don't get a green light from the Octatrack.

They are all there, already existing.

They are just empty.

No you are not right again. You select a new bank then a new pattern and then press play and you are inside your empty pattern.
Chain Chomp
kraftf wrote:
Nils wrote:
SecretMusic wrote:
What I've been doing with chains recently, is stacking them. I'll chain 64 drum samples on 1 track in Pro Tools, and on a second track, chain 64 "ambience hits", and maybe a third track with 64 little vocal hits. Load the chain in a static, and go to town with slices

Now add LFO to slice

And use the hold trig method to get usable results.
I just learned that from the lfo video tutorial and I am thrilled. I think I can get by without lfo starting with the sequencer.

unfortunately hold option doesn't work for me either.
Still the lfo runs free in free run mode without taking into account sequencer start so its still random and not usable for accurate results.

synchronized start of the lfo's still remains in my top feature requests. Very disappointing...
King Koopa
Gear Includes:
Elektron Analog 4
Elektron Monomachine
DSI Tempest
MPC 1000 (Custom)
Korg ESX1
Korg ER1
Various Monosynths
NI Maschine
No you are not right again. You select a new bank then a new pattern and then press play and you are inside your empty pattern.

Well shows what you know then doesn't it.

As I Said i was going to earlier in this thread I started a completely new project from scratch and now I can change banks properly so it turns out it was a glitch in the project file that was causing the issue. IE: A genuine issue with the octatrack and NOT just me being an idiot.
Chain Chomp
AikiGhost wrote:

As I Said i was going to earlier in this thread I started a completely new project from scratch and now I can change banks properly so it turns out it was a glitch in the project file that was causing the issue. IE: A genuine issue with the octatrack and NOT just me being an idiot.

Sorry if I didn't get that right. I am you worked it out.
King Koopa
Gear Includes:
Elektron Analog 4
Elektron Monomachine
DSI Tempest
MPC 1000 (Custom)
Korg ESX1
Korg ER1
Various Monosynths
NI Maschine
kraftf wrote:
AikiGhost wrote:

Sorry if I didn't get that right. I am you worked it out.

Hey no problem man I'm just glad I figured out what the hell was wrong.

I'm a lot happier with my OCTA now
King Koopa
That sounds absolutely awesome. But...how do you remember which sample slice is what sound? For random glitchy stuff, when an LFO is randomly changing the slices this must be cool though. I gotta try that...
4 pages to select a new bank + pattern.
Go to top Post Reply