As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear OCTATRACK Midi Tracks out HELP (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: OCTATRACK Midi Tracks out HELP
Goomba
Re:OCTATRACK Midi Tracks out HELP 11 Years ago
biologik wrote:
you can try it out on your MPC as well (or other gear).
I feel like it's something simple that's being missed..

the only thing that seems to not be working it the OT.

lets just skip trying to route it thru. As the leds dont light up im not sure thats all working.

midi out OT / IN minitaur
Audio out minitaur / in mixer (line level up)
main level up

hit midi
function / playback
T1 set to chan 1 (enter)
rec / play
enter a few trigs

nothing sounds

TEST - same minitaur settings on interface - swap midi cable over to MPC - rec/plat enter a few notes on MPC - YAY minitaur sounds....

BACK TO OT (simply swap midi cable over) Minitaur midi led light up
check midi set up - transport send / clock send / prog ch send & recv
check midi channels - auto ch 1 / trig channels consecutive 1 - 8
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
biologik wrote:
you can try it out on your MPC as well (or other gear).
I feel like it's something simple that's being missed..

I have just run the midi out from my MPC2500 into my MINITAUR with the audio out of the Minitaur going into A of the OCTATRACK. The REC light for A is light up green and the Minitaur audio is coming out of the Octatrack.

its a better result, not the one i was chasing, but interesting non the less... now to try figure out the OT midi send (i think thats the glitch) as when the MPC sends midi it plays the minitaur, and that audio can be received by the OT inputs (all good on the input front). So it really has narrowed the problem to the midi
Check the settings on the CC page. One parameter is set by default to cc7 (midi volume). If this is set to zero it might be turning down the volume of the moog before you get to hear the note.
Chain Chomp
Also, is there any sort of midi indicator on the minitaur? If so, is it getting any midi that you can tell?
Chain Chomp
Make sure the Minitaur is set to accept channel that the OT is sending to. I believe the default is 1 and you are sending from the OT on 1. You are probably receiving messages, so this isn't your issue.

One thing I noticed in the manual was that the Minitaur accepts 0-73 note messages. Do you try going up and down the octaves in the OT keyboard mode? This is probably not the issue but worth a try. Also make sure the OT is sending enough velocity and length to trigger the Minitaur.

Make sure OT isn't sending ALL SOUNDS OFF/ALL NOTES OFF (CC# 120 or 123) (also from the Minitaur manual).

Try going from the MPC In OT Thru Minitaur. It should still work. If this doesn't work then there is something wrong with the OT midi. You might want to send OT to MPC and record midi then play back to see if anything is recorded. If you had a midi in to a computer you could use MidiOX or something to see if anything is coming from the OT. I think this is where you are going to find your problem.
Goomba
nice tip... I think this might be the issue.
Looking at the Ctrl pages 1 &2 all cc's are off
how do i turn them on? or adjust them..they wont move frm off
Goomba
"Also, is there any sort of midi indicator on the minitaur? If so, is it getting any midi that you can tell?"

yep the minitaur is getting a midi signal - led indicator flashes
Goomba
udenjoe wrote:
Make sure the Minitaur is set to accept channel that the OT is sending to. I believe the default is 1 and you are sending from the OT on 1. You are probably receiving messages, so this isn't your issue.

One thing I noticed in the manual was that the Minitaur accepts 0-73 note messages. Do you try going up and down the octaves in the OT keyboard mode? This is probably not the issue but worth a try. Also make sure the OT is sending enough velocity and length to trigger the Minitaur.

Make sure OT isn't sending ALL SOUNDS OFF/ALL NOTES OFF (CC# 120 or 123) (also from the Minitaur manual).

Try going from the MPC In OT Thru Minitaur. It should still work. If this doesn't work then there is something wrong with the OT midi. You might want to send OT to MPC and record midi then play back to see if anything is recorded. If you had a midi in to a computer you could use MidiOX or something to see if anything is coming from the OT. I think this is where you are going to find your problem.

MPC midi out / Minitaur midi IN / Minitaur Audio OUT / OT Audio IN = works perfect!
MPC successfully sequancing minitaur via midi / OT successfully pushing Audio thru into mixer.

Not sure about the CC note messages ALL NOTES OFF / ALL SOUNDS OFF (CC# 120 or 123)...if this is located on the CTRL 1 & 2 pages???? all is set to OFF and I cant turn any on?? however it only looks like those pages go up to CC10...
Is there anothe place in the set up for "Make sure OT isn't sending ALL SOUNDS OFF/ALL NOTES OFF (CC# 120 or 123)" ?
Chain Chomp
robottfoxx wrote:
"Also, is there any sort of midi indicator on the minitaur? If so, is it getting any midi that you can tell?"

yep the minitaur is getting a midi signal - led indicator flashes

If that's the case then the issue isn't midi - it's audio.
Make sure you're plugging into the proper inputs and make sure you turn up DIR in the mixer page. Maybe you have the volume off.
Goomba
biologik wrote:

If that's the case then the issue isn't midi - it's audio.
Make sure you're plugging into the proper inputs and make sure you turn up DIR in the mixer page. Maybe you have the volume off.

I know right...
thats been tested, via both MPC and Minitaur and OT, all sound through the mixer on any of the chanels, just not when I use the MIDI TRACK on the OT?????

Audio is running into mixer and into speakers when I play the DEMO TRACK.
Then I open the midi track in another Pattern, set the Audio track to a THRU MACHINE ect... nothing!
minitaur looks to recieve the signal, but nothing sounds, either way as a thru or direct into the mixer.

I have tested all chanels on mixer, and tested OT and tested Minitaur both audio and midi functions. NOTHING!!!!!! sounds when I hook it back uo the the OT.
Why is this super hard?

Takes me 2 seconds to write a midi sequence on the MPC.
The only thing I can see it in the CTRL pages 1 & 2 on MIDI TRACK, everything is set to OFF.
And I can not turn anything on?
so frustrating
Go to top Post Reply