As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear More OT recording madness ;) (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: More OT recording madness ;)
Chain Chomp
Re:More OT recording madness ;) 12 Years, 6 Months ago
electrolegs wrote:
I would say the OT as is, holds it own. Even if I new nothing was ever gonna change I would not part with the brain of my operation. Laptop? No thanks. Except maybe an ipad. Ha.

The only other device I could entertain would be the Cirklon, but I'd be short changing Elektron's final vision. Every step of the way the OT gets that much better.. It's a nice learning curve.

OS updates take me back to being a kid on Christmas.

I feel exactly the same way apart from the fact that laptop/computer is needed at the moment to work alongside with OT. I believe that after some years with the OT updated my laptop will finally fade away.
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Glitch.. yawn.
Kraftf: what do you use a laptop for besides file management out of curiosity?
electrolegs wrote:
Kraftf: what do you use a laptop for besides file management out of curiosity?

I'm not Kraftf but i thought I'd mention my use for a laptop :

- Reaktor perfect OT food !
Chain Chomp
kraftf wrote:
electrolegs wrote:
I would say the OT as is, holds it own. Even if I new nothing was ever gonna change I would not part with the brain of my operation. Laptop? No thanks. Except maybe an ipad. Ha.

The only other device I could entertain would be the Cirklon, but I'd be short changing Elektron's final vision. Every step of the way the OT gets that much better.. It's a nice learning curve.

OS updates take me back to being a kid on Christmas.

I feel exactly the same way apart from the fact that laptop/computer is needed at the moment to work alongside with OT. I believe that after some years with the OT updated my laptop will finally fade away.

I use at first for just arranging a track. Ableton is far more capable and fast than OT to accomplish this task.
Other uses are to master your track, vst synths as the friend above suggested, midi routing, audio editing(basic functions missing from OT), compressing with sidechaining and everything that someone can think of about music production.
OT and Ableton are not to be compared, I am not suggesting this. Eventually I am sure that I will never be seperated from my computer. What I want from OT is to be able to finish a track inside it and there are only a few things missing than hinder me from getting to that direction and lead me back to my PC.
And please I dont want to sound sceptical about OT. I really love it and I would never sell it or trade it. It's really phenomenal and the best thing I've ever bought. I am just trying with my posts to focus everybody on improving the existing features of OT and not long for new ones. For me less is more as long as this "less" is implemented flawlessly.
Go to top Post Reply