As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear More OT recording madness ;) (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: More OT recording madness ;)
Chain Chomp
Glitch.. yawn.
Re:More OT recording madness ;) 12 Years, 6 Months ago
I think that's one of the few advantages of flex machines.
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
...and it happened again.

Lost some stuff I sampled (was simply erased), and I don't have a clue what happened this time.

So tired.
King Koopa
An advantage the flex have over static machine is when using the END parameter in loop mode and modulating the start parameter with lfo. Flex machine can handle more extreme manipulation.
King Koopa
And i agree about the 2x press stop, confusing i would say and it is easy to make mistake.
Chain Chomp
sovietpop wrote:
An advantage the flex have over static machine is when using the END parameter in loop mode and modulating the start parameter with lfo. Flex machine can handle more extreme manipulation.
Yeah you are right but since there is no option to start the lfo with the sequencer start there is no much use for me since its very random and uncontrollable.
if it's not stating the obvious, the static machines can handle much longer samples as they don't have to be loaded into RAM. but if at any point having them in RAM no longer offers more options/speed over playing from the card, then... yes, merge them. i'm all for simplifying things.

edit: as per electrolegs post, below
Chain Chomp
Glitch.. yawn.
Typo: You mean static machines.
sovietpop wrote:
And i agree about the 2x press stop, confusing i would say and it is easy to make mistake.

Especially when your MD/MnM habit is to always do a double stop to kill the delays.
Cappy
These threads are why I don't own an OT.

I want one so bad, and it would fit SO nice into my setup -- But I will not buy a sampler with sampling workflow issues.

IMHO, Elektron should drop everything and address the sampling workflow immediately. Its crazy how many multipage threads there are concerning bumpy confusing workflow.

Go Elektron!!
Chain Chomp
Glitch.. yawn.
I would say the OT as is, holds it own. Even if I new nothing was ever gonna change I would not part with the brain of my operation. Laptop? No thanks. Except maybe an ipad. Ha.

The only other device I could entertain would be the Cirklon, but I'd be short changing Elektron's final vision. Every step of the way the OT gets that much better.. It's a nice learning curve.

OS updates take me back to being a kid on Christmas.
Go to top Post Reply