As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Two Tier Elektron Cheeks... (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Two Tier Elektron Cheeks...
Re:Two Tier Elektron Cheeks... 11 Years, 4 Months ago
So, before I go get this, one quick question: if I want to, can I use this for rack units too? I might consider to have the MD at the bottom and Sherman on top (yes I know I'll need the elektron rack mount kit too then...)? I realize that a full rack might tip the weight backwards too much (it might be too deep too...), but this should work fine with the sherman, right?

The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Sherman is 19inch wide right? If so, no these will not work. They are designed to fit elektrons which are not standard 19inch rackmount width..hence the need for the elektron rackmount kits.
Goomba
Machinedrum UW+ MKII
Monomachine+ MKII
Octatrack DPS-1
Analog Four
Alesis Ion
Korg Z1
Novation Nova
Waldorf Blofeld
Xoxbox
It's a real bummer you left out the aluminum version. I was really set on picking up 2 of these bad boys in aluminum
gosh wrote:
Sherman is 19inch wide right? If so, no these will not work. They are designed to fit elektrons which are not standard 19inch rackmount width..hence the need for the elektron rackmount kits.

that is what I mean... If I add the rack kit to my elektrons they will be the exact same width as the Sherman, so then it will work? Or is my brain just not working right now?
Chain Chomp
Ah I see what you mean, I was forgetting these are just end cheeks rather than a fixed with. However, these are not designed to fit rack ears and so will stilll not work. Your best best is buying a regular 19inch rackmount case (hundreds of different types to choose!) and the elektron rackmount kit.
Boo
wow this is so nice! wondering if the analog 4 would work in here though?

i see, so no plans for the metal one anymore it sounds like, darnit that one was super nice
King Koopa
Michael in Los Angeles
Ya, lets see that Aluminum one made when you have the chance
I am sure it would fly off the shelf..
Just ordered two pairs, and he told me he could cut holes for the A4 vents at no extra charge
Cappy
Sorry guys - I don't check here often enough!

Metal has since been scrapped. I realized that metal would still require some sort of rubber bottom as to not scratch the surface they were on, and to help any potential sliding. The acrylic is great as-is and I can make these on my own - no need to for external manufacturing which would cause them to be even more expensive. I can still look into aluminum, but be prepared to pay for it.

No - these cannot be used with other gear. They were designed for ELEKTRON boxes only. Modifications can be done at your own risk. They use the holes that the Elektron boxes would use for their rack kits - so you couldn't have the rack kit AND the cheeks on at the same time.
Cappy
Re:Two Tier Elektron Cheeks... 11 Years, 3 Months ago
another one released into the wild...

fyi - i am trying a set out in bamboo and might offer that as an option depending on how i like the quality.
Go to top Post Reply