As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Two Tier Elektron Cheeks... (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Two Tier Elektron Cheeks...
Game & Watch
Re:Two Tier Elektron Cheeks... 12 Years, 6 Months ago
great!

I´d love this in aluminum instead, think that it would fit the elektron´s look better
  The topic has been locked.
Boo
copy that on brushed aluminum. these look great, i would take one for sure. desk space is at such a premium these days....
this looks awesome! I am quite set on Watson's buchla-style foldable case for the road, but this would definately save me some desk space and allow for good ergonomics also at home.. if the price is right you can count me int oo, brushed aluminum would be awesome, even if that jacks up the price?
Admin
+1 on aluminium.

Can you do specials/one-offs too?

EDIT just read on your muff's thread that metal might be possible, and that you have plans for a set of cheeks for rack mounting. That's what I'd be interested in. 12u specifically.
Chain Chomp
looks great man, good job!
King Koopa
I really like the idea of these double cheeks but I'm not sold on the angle of the rear machine. I'd personally prefer the 2 units to sit at the same (or similar) angle, with the rear one being raised / stepped above the lower one

I think it would feel like I was poking at the machine with the tips of my fingers at that steep angle and would not feel natural. I kinda like to rest my fingers on the kit when i'm using it.

How much more for a custom?
Cappy
Dalski wrote:
I really like the idea of these double cheeks but I'm not sold on the angle of the rear machine. I'd personally prefer the 2 units to sit at the same (or similar) angle, with the rear one being raised / stepped above the lower one

I think it would feel like I was poking at the machine with the tips of my fingers at that steep angle and would not feel natural. I kinda like to rest my fingers on the kit when i'm using it.

How much more for a custom?

i don't have any pricing yet, and something custom would be acrylic only. aluminum is my first choice since they are holding up an expensive piece of gear!

if the angles were the same, it would be kind of a straight line and the overall depth would be deeper - which would be hindering part of the design.

i took them out out this weekend to a fried's studio for a little impromptu jam session, and the top angle felt completely fine - even while standing.

Killer Beez
3 brown dogs barking at each other....
Makes me want another electron box to fit with OT.... Pity my Miami isn't the same size.

Maybe a MNM is on the cards. / D
Boo
thats simply gorgeous
YNE
Boo
MDUW/MM/OT/A4/
Minitaur/Virus TI/Electribe MX
Bass & Emotion
http://soundcloud.com/y-ne
Also very interested in getting some of these, to empty some desk space for new equipment...
Go to top Post Reply