As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Save as NOOOOOO!! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Save as NOOOOOO!!
Killer Beez
Re:Save as NOOOOOO!! 12 Years, 7 Months ago
If you always store a backup you can always restore your project even after saving a copy as a new project. This has always worked easy and data loss free enough for me, my only gripe is I would like an option when loading a project of whether to load from the autosave file or the backup file. This would save me from having to load a project twice as I always start from my backup file in case I don't remember making changes that may have been autosaved.
The solution here is religiously use the backup function. That being said, I wouldn't mind having several backup slots for various saved versions of a project.
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Glitch.. yawn.
It's really as simple as this: save before play. If you are about to experiment and to forgetful to remember, then boo hoo. Is it really a big deal to save as new at the start of a session? I think not.
Chain Chomp
PEACE
Some of us may like, or get along with the Load/save system of the OT, other´s don´t feel comfortable with it.
A yes/no option in the "personalize" section if to "autosave" or not, would please everyone, I think.

Several backup slots to choose from, maybe even if we could store some descriptive text with the Restore Points, would make things easier for everyone as well, as far as my muddy brain can think of right now....

But true is - as N.Rain mentioned, if you "store back" in the beginning, "save as new" then and "restore backup" afterwards you get back where you saved it first, I just checked that, to make sure. Why the OT syncs the projects, before you do "save as new" still doesn´t make sense to me, but maybe I am missing something here too.

Chain Chomp
Check out Jogging House at
soundcloud
tumblr
bandcamp
facebook
+1 for a personalize setting that lets you disable autosave. I must have messed up my default/start project over a hundred times. My brain simply doesn't adapt to that behaviour.

Also a default function would be nice. But that can wait.
Go to top Post Reply