As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Save as NOOOOOO!! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Save as NOOOOOO!!
Chain Chomp
PEACE
Re:Save as NOOOOOO!! 12 Years, 7 Months ago
I can only agree about the disadvantages of autosave. It can be handy sometimes, but sooo much of a annoying thing most of the time.
There must be at least an option for that in the personalize menu to turn it off/on.
I really expect elektron to change that with the next OS.
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
Hate autosave, and I also wish there was a compare so you could check if what you changed actually sounds better than the saved file. Or even if a few prior versions could be saved so if you mess up you can revert to an earlier file.
+1 Autosave is maddening. "Save as" should create a completely new project, leaving the existing one unchanged.
Game & Watch
+1, here's another vote for user-definable autosave. I'm sure what they were thinking is that "everyone complains when they lose patterns in the MNN/MD". So they thought they would "fix" that. However, it's annoying if you want to just audition something and especially if it was developed on the headphone mix but you're now on the main outs or vice versa. Adjusting things so that it sounds normal on your new set of outs means you are going to be screwed the next time you go back to the old outs.

It would be really nice if we could store some descriptive text with the Restore Points like "Oct 11 edit" or "B4 major tweaks". 16-20 chars would be great I don't know about you all but I have no clue what is in the Restore Points and am really reluctant to Restore. Whenever something gets messed up, I often get the existential dilemma of "to restore or not to restore, that is the question".
King Koopa
I just want a normal "Load/Save"-system, like on my MPC for instance.

If I want to save a state, I save under a new/old name, and if I want to load something, I just load it under that name..

The OTs system of loading/savin stuff is so complicated that I hate it.

It's easily the shittiest design decision on the whole device for me.
OT Beta Team
I got bit by this in a diffent way, resulting in a loss of my patterns.

I was working with a new a project, that was filled with really cool stuff, and then saved as new, and bang my patterns and parts were gone filled with empty Patterns and machines when I loaded them up. I was quite miffed ....

This has happened to me 3 times in the past year.
OT Beta Team
Steril707 wrote:
I just want a normal "Load/Save"-system, like on my MPC for instance.

If I want to save a state, I save under a new/old name, and if I want to load something, I just load it under that name..

The OTs system of loading/savin stuff is so complicated that I hate it.

It's easily the shittiest design decision on the whole device for me.

+1!
Goomba
yes they need to fix this
Chain Chomp
PEACE
...understandable frustration here...

Unfortunately the new OS 1.03 does not change this annoying "bug", which obviously is not a bug. It is a terrible mistake regarding the OT´s Load/Save system in general.

Write elektron to change that ASAP, I am concerned that this will not happen soon if we don´t urge them to do so. Maybe a OS 1.03A will follow quick, if elektron is more aware of that (maybe they are though, but need more time?!?)

- Save as new should not sync current project automatically to card.
- Autosave function must be configurable in the personalization menu with YES/NO.

Veets wrote:
It would be really nice if we could store some descriptive text with the Restore Points like "Oct 11 edit" or "B4 major tweaks". 16-20 chars would be great I don't know about you all but I have no clue what is in the Restore Points and am really reluctant to Restore. Whenever something gets messed up, I often get the existential dilemma of "to restore or not to restore, that is the question".

Same with me. I often really do not know what is in the last restore point and "to restore or not to restore" is often an annoying question and workflow breaker, especially when you know that "save as new" also is no way out of this dilemma.
So +1 if we could store some descriptive text with the Restore Points (and maybe even compare those different version by having the option to choose from one of them).

Edit: Mailed a report to elektron support.
Goomba
-WOOOORD. This is terrible.
Go to top Post Reply