As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Wrapping my head around the OT (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Wrapping my head around the OT
Re:Wrapping my head around the OT 12 Years, 7 Months ago
Yes thats right, you can change the sample by locking the a different sample and then change which slice you are going to play for that step, it is totally possible!
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
But won't that play the slice and not the loop?
Yes it will only the play the slice if the SLIC is ON under the playback settings
Chain Chomp
This is my method:

i would join all 4 drumloops in one file and then p-lock the start value to 0,32,64 and 96 to play each loop.
This why I want guys from electron to implement the ability in the audio editor to join audio files to avoid using my computer.
This way you also save sample slots.
You can achieve the same result by slicing your joined sample into four slices(or more) and use them accordingly.

Cheers
Killer Beez
nice workaround kraftf . I have had the thought that if the LFO with a designer LFO could be used to modulate the sample slot for a track then we could play up to 16 consecutive loops and still have up to 64 step resolution per loop for p-locks etc. would be nice if there were an easy way to play loops in series..
King Koopa
Thanks for the replies guys, I'll keep them in mind for the future but your solutions won't really help for this track as the loops are sliced (64 slices). I'll just have to use more than one track
Go to top Post Reply