As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Ergonomic Interface Truss EIT-1 custom frame AVAILABLE NOW (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Ergonomic Interface Truss EIT-1 custom frame AVAILABLE NOW
Boo
Re:Ergonomic Interface Truss EIT-1 custom frame AVAILABLE NOW 12 Years, 6 Months ago
Thought I'd try to keep pics in the same thread.

Sorry about the lousy picture...old iphone.

I'll try to get a better pic this weekend with a decent camera.
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
Re:Ergonomic Interface Truss EIT-1 custom frame AVAILABLE NOW 12 Years, 6 Months ago
I took some pics of the locking mechanism- it couldn't be more bulletproof. I hadn't quite figured out how it was going to work until mine got here. The entire width of the handle slides in a channel and acts as a giant deadbolt.

Unlocked:

Locked:

It fits in a Pelican 1550 case perfectly- the lid closes easily, but it's a nice snug fit. There's plenty of room around the sides for more stuff:

The feet of the EIT fit in the channels and rest against the crossribs on the lid, so it basically centers itself if you want to use the case as a riser. If this wasn't planned, it's pretty amazing luck:

Here it is from the front:

Thanks Watson!!

[edit] Oops- the pics didn't embed so well. Here's a link to my Photobucket album if you'd rather see them there:

http://s1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd483/crabtacular/
Cappy
Thanks for the pictures, everyone. They helped in my decision to order one. Glad to hear that it can fit in a pelican case, gonna have to get one of those next.
Chain Chomp
the frame fitting on top of the hardcase was totally not planned, that is some serious dumb luck right there. it fitting inside was taken into account. thank you so much for the detailed pics and praising review. we worked really hard on this and it is great to see everyone so happy with it.
Hammer Bro
Re:Ergonomic Interface Truss EIT-1 custom frame AVAILABLE NO 12 Years, 6 Months ago
watson wrote:
the hard case working with the frame like that was totally not planned, that is some serious dumb luck right there. I think you have sold me on a 1550! thank you so much for the detailed pics and praising review. we worked really hard on this and it is great to see everyone so happy with it.

NICE FIT
Looking forward and hopefully I can drive up there when it works and scoop one up... big ups
Chain Chomp
Re:Ergonomic Interface Truss EIT-1 custom frame AVAILABLE NO 12 Years, 6 Months ago
That would be great if you could drive up! Sorry we keep missing each others calls.
Boo
This thing is awesome.. thank you for making it.
Boo
just ordered one!

Hammer Bro
watson wrote:
That would be great if you could drive up! Sorry we keep missing each others calls.
Yeah yeah !_! I will be taking a trip up when we can figure out some time that works for both....let me know whats good on your end...cheers
Hammer Bro
www.soundcloud.com/highsage
Detroit Techno, from Vinyl to Live Performances and everything in between. Elektron Fanatic.
Speaking of dumb luck.... i just so happen to already OWN a Pelican 1560 case!

Wheels baby, WHEEEELS!

This chassis is amazing Watson...truly amazing
Go to top Post Reply