As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Ergonomic Interface Truss EIT-1 custom frame AVAILABLE NOW (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Ergonomic Interface Truss EIT-1 custom frame AVAILABLE NOW
Goomba
Re:Ergonomic Interface Truss EIT-1 prototype - custom frame 12 Years, 9 Months ago
cbm wrote:
This is lovely. I will probably pick one up, even though I only have a MD. I see an Octatrack in my future, once they add the dedicated loopers.

I'm not sure they are going to add a "dedicated looper". I recall elektron mentioned it early in their marketing, but the sampling system already works and does basically the same thing. a tutorial to integrate it with a foot-pedal would be nice, i imagine lots of people are DIying that right now
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Re:Ergonomic Interface Truss EIT-1 prototype - custom frame 12 Years, 9 Months ago
Will there be a limit on how many go into production?
Chain Chomp
dubgil wrote:
Will there be a limit on how many go into production?

I will continue to manufacture these as long as there is a demand great enough to keep them around. I would like to sell quite a few but also have some left in stock for future orders so that I can work on my other product ideas. I would say these will go into at least 2 manufacturing runs and when I run out I will make more. The difficulty here comes in when you want to look at keeping the price down but not being sure you will sell them all. If I sold half as many as I made, no matter what the quantity is I would lose money on making them due to the manufacturing process and cost.

I could easily say "I am going to charge 400 dollars for these" and then not worry about making very many units while also widening my profit margin. But I would rather sell them for the best price I can so that more people can own them. Long story short(politics aside): I would rather make a little less money and sell more units. It is better for everyone in the end. The machine shop gets paid to run and the consumers get a better price on their quality product.

I will be announcing final pricing and availability once I get the final cost numbers after the first run. Also upon that announcement they will immediately be ready for purchase and be shipped swiftly to the customers. This is also another reason I am not taking pre orders. I would rather everyone just pay and then get the unit within a week after they send the money.

Also I do not want to cause alarm to any customers that can not afford them immediately. There will be more units available in the coming years. Please do not stress yourself falling under the guise that this will be a "limited" product. I do not see any reason, beyond a tornado or tragedy befalling the machine shop, that we will not keep these in production and have some extra units lying around.
Cappy
Amazing work. I'll take one as soon as they're available, just tell me where to send payment.

After a failed attempt to construct something similar to hold both my machines, this seems like the perfect solution.

Thank you!
Game & Watch
Really really want one of these, love the soft bag idea as well. Going to be a while before I have any cash for one, so I hope you can keep the production going for a while.
Chain Chomp
PEACE
Wow, great work - fair price!

I´d take one. Hope they will be available a little longer, because
I can´t buy one right now.

Maybe it has been asked. Do you ship to Europe?
Yoshi
analogue_steve
Wooooooo!
Exciting stuff; can't wait!
Cappy
I want one! This looks amazing!
Admin
Beautiful work Watson! Put me down for one ASAP!!!

Also, PM me. Let's do a Feature on this, you, the project, etc. It will help promote and would be great insight into the whole of the project.

Cheers!
King Koopa
Soundcloud
Trinity SH101 Juno6 JX3P cs10 NM1 Z1 K5000s MB33II Ipad3 MicroQ TX81z DX200 WS/AD VZ8m XD5 DP4 Gtrz
Re:Ergonomic Interface Truss EIT-1 prototype - custom frame 12 Years, 8 Months ago
... just joining the order queue and expressing interest in the 3 machine version if ever it becomes reality.
Go to top Post Reply