As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Ergonomic Interface Truss EIT-1 custom frame AVAILABLE NOW (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Ergonomic Interface Truss EIT-1 custom frame AVAILABLE NOW
Chain Chomp
Re:Ergonomic Interface Truss EIT-1 prototype - custom frame 12 Years, 9 Months ago
dubathonic wrote:
Prefer with handle...but either way, that's really gorgeous!

Could you post the dimensions of the case while closed? I just bought a Pelican case for travel, and I'd like to know if yours would fit inside it...I'd love to be able to just open the Pelican, set your rack on a table, plug in and go.

By the way, I don't have the first thread handy, so at the risk of an obvious issue that you've all but certainly addressed: I take it the Elektron units are secured with screws, and in such a way that the buttons won't touch one another? (ducks head quickly)

the knobs have definitely been taken into cosideration

the elektron units are secured utilizing the screw holes on the side provided by elektron for the rack ears.
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Re:Ergonomic Interface Truss EIT-1 prototype - custom frame 12 Years, 9 Months ago
steve....you most certainly will be getting number one!!
Chain Chomp
Daim wrote:
Sweet, I might get one too. Though I would prefer a matte or darker finish + some kind of fitted bag to protected it when carrying it arround.

And please make sure it doesn't scratch our beloved units.

i am hoping for an anodizing upgrade option. still waiting on a quote back.

i will look into the bag option, i think this is a great idea. there should be something slick we can come up with that won't break the bank. maybe there is even an existing product that could be slightly modified. if anyone has any suggestions let me know.
Cappy
The Artist Formerly Known as Augment
http://soundcloud.com/endling
I bought one of these amps a few months ago and the little big/case it comes with seems to be the type of idea that would work for this. It's just an average soft padded bag with a cut out in top so the built in handle can be used. It also has the option for using a strap.

Chain Chomp
this is a great idea because i could get some made to fit the cases and sell it as a seperate product for little to no profit, that way the people that do not play live or travel would not have to bare the price increase. i will look into seeing how much these things cost. does it have any info on it that would help me in researching?
Chain Chomp
a few new photos added so you can see the design my friend made for the end cheeks. it is really hard to get this to translate over in photography but this should give you an idea.

https://picasaweb.google.com/116975451974063335185/ElektronCases

also i would like everyone to know all the screws holding the elektron units to the truss will be the same. i was just experimenting with different screws right before i took these.
Cappy
The Artist Formerly Known as Augment
http://soundcloud.com/endling
Unfortunately there isn't any manufacturer info on the bag and I can't find anything online that points me in the right direction.
Yoshi
analogue_steve
watson wrote:
steve....you most certainly will be getting number one!!

Best news ever

Also, I like the big chunky side panels rather than a slimmer version just for mkii.
Chunky = solid… just like me
Chain Chomp
I have been running the EIT through the paces and i have a few minor tweaks to make to it and then we will be ready to go into production. We ordered all the material today and I have a day reserved to use the machines for this project. I will continue to keep everyone updated.

the dimensions may be enlarged slightly (around 1/2" on one side) to facilitate my changes.

more info soon!
Goomba
I definitely want one of these!!! +1 for the handle...
Go to top Post Reply