As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Ergonomic Interface Truss EIT-1 custom frame AVAILABLE NOW (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Ergonomic Interface Truss EIT-1 custom frame AVAILABLE NOW
Chain Chomp
Re:Ergonomic Interface Truss EIT-1 prototype - custom frame 12 Years, 9 Months ago
First off, thank you all for your compliments and helping me get this project going! The dimensions will be posted soon. this is more complex than it would seem because i am seriously debating making slimmer cheeks that fit only MkII boxes. in this arrangement you could order from me and say "watson I have 2 MkII machines and i would like a slimmer profile, can i have 2 MkII frames?" in this design choice you would also be able to mix and match if need be. i am still working out the economic ebb and flow of this, the last thing i want to do is increase the cost to my customers.

as it stands right now you can put an MkI or MkII in either the top or the bottom, it is deep enough and designed to work with both. i will post the dimensions of this unit later today in this thread.

I am going to thread the handle to be used with a mic stand next week and see how the balance is. unfortunately adding any more parts to it may go beyond the scope and price point of the project, although i will look at being able to offer a "stand upgrade price" if i can get it into the design.

also about the finish: i am looking into this, i would like to offer an anodized upgrade option. one thing to keep in mind: if there is anything you want specifically and you want to pay for it i can more than likely make it happen. i can do nearly anything custom for someone that wants it. this is merely our first commercial product in the synth market and we wanted to try and make something nice that would appeal to quite a few people so we could make quite a few of them and sell them at a reasonable price point.

if anyone would like to contact me directly i love talking on the phone with fellow synth people.

423 340 0202
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
The Artist Formerly Known as Augment
http://soundcloud.com/endling
Re:Ergonomic Interface Truss EIT-1 prototype - custom frame 12 Years, 9 Months ago
I think the handle NEEDS to stay. The way it locks into place is the coolest part! Also, it looks like the handle is an essential part of how it balances itself and I'd hate to see that awesome design go to waste.

I don't think a $30 difference will make or break anyone's decision.

Curious to know what the 3 unit "Trinity" version would look like. Would it be two flat and one angled, or would the bottom be flat, middle at a 45 degree angle, and the top one upright?

I don't even take mine out of the house much and I'd still probably buy one just because it's cool.
Cappy
Very cool! If you end up making both kinds, I'd prefer the slimmer MKII version.

I like the handle a lot more than I thought I would. I had been thinking that it would be more likely to fit in a Pelican case without a handle, but since this thing keeps the knobs protected the Pelican is overkill for me. It's not like I'm going to fly with it or anything. A skin of padded fabric with Velcro fasteners where the flaps close around the handles would be fine for my purposes- I can probably get there just by modifying a soft-sided cooler or a small duffel bag.
Admin
tIB was here
congrats on realising a beautiful project. I look forward to seeing these with peoples machines in in the fanboy thread.
Goomba
And where will this be able to order?

Looks fantastic!
Yoshi
analogue_steve
Bubla wrote:
And where will this be able to order?

Looks fantastic!

You can order after I get mine

ME FIRST!
Yoshi
Sweet design. Looks cool.

I *might* be up for one... or maybe two... or maybe a three unit one.

Good luck with it all, looks lovely, and I'm sure they'll sell like hotcakes.
Cappy
I'd take a mkii version the moment it becomes available. Indifferent about the handle; whatever's most stable.
Chain Chomp
measurements: closed 14.5"x12.5"x6.5" the 12.5 measurement is the from one end to the top of the handle when it is straight up.
Chain Chomp
futureimage wrote:
Wow that's even more amazing than I thought it would be - I definitely want one I have no preference over the handle or not - it seems worth the extra $30 though.

Here's a question - I presume one EIT-1 can handle both Mk1 and Mk2 units simultaneously? For example I have a Mk1 Monomachine and a Mk2 Machinedrum; I'd have the Monomachine as the "base" of the stand as it's heavier and I prefer "playing" it flat. Would the EIT-1 accommodate this?

yes you would have no problem housing them that way. its actually designed so you can arrange any generation in either place and it will still stand up.
Go to top Post Reply