As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear OT: Saving procedure (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: OT: Saving procedure
Re:OT: Saving procedure 12 Years, 9 Months ago
^^ Think the Parts like Kits.

Each bank has 4 parts (kits) A part hosts 8 different tracks with their own sample, effects and other parameter settings. So I use the first 4 patterns with Part 1, second 4 patterns with Part 2. It totally makes sense to me working this way.

Dont forget that you can change your samples with each trigs Also make use of the parameter locks to maximize the usage of 4 parts

About the original topic, SYNC TO CARD will save all your DATA into the card ( the project you are working on)
  The topic has been locked.
ah, slowly i get it...so, i need more parts (16)

THX!
dataline wrote:

About the original topic, SYNC TO CARD will save all your DATA into the card ( the project you are working on)

this is true. i seem to remember reading in the manual that the OT also automatically SYNC TO CARD when you change projects, too?

after initial learning-curve type issues, the only thing i have any trouble with now is getting sample slot errors when returning to projects, or when i save a project via SAVE AS NEW. i think this is down to not having saved my parts. i've started always saving them after making any changes now, which seems to have helped.
maass wrote:
ah, slowly i get it...so, i need more parts (16)

THX!

hehe, trust me 4 parts is enough It is obvious they have taken so much care designing this instrument!
Goomba
dataline wrote:

Aha! I think then I will mostly sync to card in the future. The rest is to confusing for stupid me
Once you have something nice going on, defo use the SYNC CARD feature.

Give it some time and it will make so much sense!
Goomba
Don't get me wrong... I DO LOVE OT.

But now I just experienced following:

Made a great pattern/part/bank yesterday that I saved - for sure - by "Sync Card". I had stored a backup point earlier, but I thought the project was safe with the "Sync Card" function. Not.

Today I was jamming with the song, and then wanted to record a sample of tweaking the knobs.
During the recording of a track, the machine suddenly changed all 8 Flex and Static machines to Static, and playing the same file (a sample not used in the project - and I have purged all unused samples yesterday).

So I restarted the machine, opened the project. OT had lost all my yesterdays work!

In another bank in the project made earlier, everything was ok. So apparently the project has "gone back" to the backup point. Tried reset memory now also. Nope.

I could have saved Parts when I Synced to card. But the trigs and tweaks are also lost in the banks patterns, so I guess they are connected. Therefore I will also SAVE AS NEW for safety's sake...

I think the OT has a loosing the memory problem. Not good. Very important.

(Now: 1. Save Part + 2 Store Backup + 3. Sync Card + 4. Save As New)

(...+ 5. Save arrangement, if...)
Chain Chomp
Glitch.. yawn.
I have not experienced this myself. I sense this was a user error although if others report the same issue I may be wrong here
Goomba
I may have done something wrong when the OT crashed, but I am certain I did the Sync Card operation yesterday.
Killer Beez
just because I never know when I am going to do something to mess up what I am working on and the OT autosaves everything I do, I store backup every time I make any significant changes that I want to keep. Not had any problems reloading projects yet..
Go to top Post Reply