As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Rules!
Individual sub-categories for MnM/MD/and SID 19 Years, 2 Months ago
I wish the forum was broken down into sub-categories for each instrument......
  The topic has been locked.
Yoshi
Re: Individual sub-categories for MnM/MD/and SID 19 Years, 2 Months ago
Boo
MD-UW - SFX-6 - SidStation
batni.tumblr.com
Rules! 17 Years, 6 Months ago
I suggest that EU should get some! And to be more specific, I'm hoping for the anti-flaming, anti-spamming and anti-trolling ones.

Sorry if you should think that I come off somewhat cocky, but there you go; I'm no fan of trolls, (even though I'm a norwegian.)

Good day to you all.
Re: Rules! 17 Years, 6 Months ago
Hey - I asked them to ban me. I even said please. And the offer's still open.

Good evening!
Boo
MD-UW - SFX-6 - SidStation
batni.tumblr.com
I notice how it's easy to jump to the conclusion that this is about you given the you-know-what-thread, but it's not. There have been a lot of bad vibes on this forum for a while now from a bunch of different people.

IMO discussing is fine and everybody's a bit of a troll every once in a while, but it develops into a problem when people don't think twice before pushing the post button. And also, I believe it's a good think to know when to let go off a discussion rapidly heading down a dead end. All in all even this wouldn't be so bad if people only knew how to stay on topic. For off topic discussions there's the boards build in oh-so-wonderful-PM-system. PMs are nice. People should send more PMs.

But that's just one little elf's opinion. :-P
Boo
What exactly is "trolling"?
the misconception is: having a different viewpoint. as in, saying something like 'elektron t-shirts are too expensive' ...and moving on from there.

the reality, or at least, what I think the reasonable definition is: hijacking threads. like joining the groovebox thread to say its stupid and bringing little else to the discussion, other than deriding it without any substance pertaining to or relating to the subject

just what I think tho
About the spamming that happened the other day with the cell phones and other stuff, it might not of been posted by a person, it could have been done by a bot. If that is the case, maybe you should think of implementing a "CAPTCHA" feature to the account registration area of the site and maybe even to the message posting area too, making people type some text from an image before they can post their message.
Chain Chomp

b0unce wrote:
the misconception is: having a different viewpoint. as in, saying something like 'elektron t-shirts are too expensive' ...and moving on from there.

the reality, or at least, what I think the reasonable definition is: hijacking threads. like joining the groovebox thread to say its stupid and bringing little else to the discussion, other than deriding it without any substance pertaining to or relating to the subject

just what I think tho

I didn't join the thread to say it was stupid (inane), I was part of the discussion long before it became a slagging match. Infact you and jsrocket were arguing over something I said and the response jsrocket gave to me over a particular post. I felt you got your wires cross with regard to what jsrocket meant, i was just straightening that out.

Stating at the end of the post that it was "perpetually inane" was justified as far as I am concerned as the topic had sunk to the level of the playground.
obviously I'm not referring to you then
Go to top Post Reply